A 45 minute drive across the island from the airport brought us to the Aston Ka'anapali Shores resort. The road is very good but don't be surprised if you come to a dead stop on the highway. Beach turn offs often slow traffic down to zero.
We rented a one bedroom unit. It had a king sized bed and a fold out couch so four people would have been quite comfortable.
The full kitchen had enough equipment that we were able to cook most anything we fancied although they were unable to supply us with a tea pot. Who knew they don't drink tea in Hawaii?
The only condiment supplied in the kitchen was sugar in packages, no salt,
pepper or other seasonings.
We opted not to have daily housekeeping as that incurred an "amenity fee". Daily housekeeping would have resupplied our coffee, detergent and dish washing soap but a trip across the street to Times supermarket got us everything we needed. If we needed more towels or toilet paper, we just needed to phone the desk and they would send it right up.
Parking for our rental car was not included and cost us $9/daily.
The stretch of beach directly behind us was disappointing, being rather narrow and rocky but a 5 minute walk along the beach takes you to a gorgeous stretch of the Ka'anapali beach. The AKS has a regular swimming pool and a three ft. deep one for the smaller guests, hydro pools and a big sunning lawn all surrounded by their beautifully tended central garden.
The garden hosts The Beach Club restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For early risers, there is an little coffee kiosk in the lobby that serves it's first cup at 6 a.m. and closes at 10 a.m.
The AKS is close enough to Lahaina town so shopping for forgotten items won't cost you an arm and a leg. We found the local shops comparable in price to Lahina town
The Expedia local expert located in the lobby was extremely helpful and dealing with her got us a few discounts on our excursions. We never felt pressured or that she was trying to up-sell us. (Thanks, Kim!)
The complimentary Wi-Fi was one of the best I've used. I would avoid the InternetCenter unless absolutely necessary as it is run by an independent company and they charge by the minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Vacatia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina