This is our third trip to Maui but first stay with Kaanapali Shores. It was better than what was expected. It is a relatively small resort, in comparison to Westin, Marriott or Sheraton. But it gives me the intimate feeling of a family: small kids playing around safely, events and activities are all family-oriented, nice staff always with smiling faces, the residents there all seem to be nice and greet each other. What is a plus for this size of the resort is when I want to get something from my room while at the pool, I don't have to travel half a mile to go back to my room.
Times supermarket is just 2 mins away across the street and has everything we need for our grocery shopping, except for large size (>1 gallon) of drinking water which we get from Safeway about 10 mins drive.
What is a nice surprise is we saw whales from our balcony every morning! Not once, I really meant to say "EVERYDAY".
The site is well maintained and landscaped. The resort was built in the 80s so do expect the 80s look of the exterior and interior walls and some wear in places such as the closet door. But everything is functional.
We can easily relax on the lounge, enjoy the breeze, spot the whales and call it a day in Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina