“Never Dissapointed”

Aston Kaanapali Shores
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been traveling to Maui for over 25 years. Over the years I have stayed at many different properties, but the one I have returned most often has been Aston's Ka'anapali Shores. I stayed there when it was Aston, ResortQuest, and back to Aston, and have always enjoyed my stay. On my last visit I would have to say that the resort has never looked better. The attention to detail around the property is evident. I believe you get your "best bang for your buconck" at the Shores. I always choose a condo unit since I enjoy preparing meals in the room while I enjoy the ocean. You can not go wrong choosing this resort! On my last stay I traveled with my parents, my father is disabled and the staff did everything to accomodate us including giving us rooms near each other, even though we booked at different times and in different categories.

Room Tip: I always choose a garden view since most garden view rooms have some ocean view. The resort doesn...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank FollowEmerson

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised because our experience with Aston facilities is that they are pretty mediocre. This condo resort is really nice even though we got off to a bad start. We booked a 2 bedroom Garden Room and the first night they put us in a room next to the electrical room whose transformers buzzed 24/7 and drove you mad. We asked for another room and they put us in a really nice Garden Room the next day. (see picture) The rooms are well appointed although it would have been nice to open the bathroom windows to get the nice Trade Winds cross breeze through the condo. It probably would have saved on the AC. The courtyard is one of the nicest of the resorts along the Kaanapali beach. The gardens and waterfalls are beautiful. The pools are nice, but very busy with families. The beach is very narrow, so you might end up on the lawns to sunbath. There are plenty of quiet places to sunbathe if you do not want to deal with crowds around the pool. The Aston staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have a nice open air restaurant with good food. There are very few restaurants right along Kaanapali beach. Most of the hotels are condo resorts which do not have restaurants. We found Dukes and Hulas to be the best. (we like to have dinner out) The resort is in a good location because you can walk to the farmers market as well as a general supermarket and some low budget restaurants across from the hotel. The only disappointing thing about this resort is that the boardwalk does not reach up to this resort. So you have to walk the narrow beach (do it low tide) to get to it. Also there was no music in the evening in the restaurant, which would have been nice. But we found that with most of the restaurants, including Dukes. Hulas does have music since it is in the Whalers Mall.

Room Tip: The north facing rooms get the least sun so they stay cooler.
2  Thank sasaia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kaanapali Shores. The ground floor opens up into beautiful gardens, an awesome pool area, and the turquoise ocean. We had panoramic views of the ocean from the kitchen, living room, and bedrooms. With sliding glass doors going onto lanai's from both the living room and master bedroom the tropical breeze and sound of the ocean waves were a constant. My wife and I enjoyed walking the easily accessible path that parallels the ocean in front of the property. There is a luxurious feel to the accommodations, grounds, and restaurant. We would highly recommend the Aston Kaanapali Shores!

2  Thank livelife J
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my favorite hotel! I was spoiled with this location because later in my vacation we stayed at the Aston Hotel in Honolulu and it was awful! I lived this one! The people were nice and the pools were GREAT! I got my ears peirced in the salon and the people were great there as well. The restraunt on site was amazing and the grocery store across the street was very convient it was no Wegmans but it was better than Wal-Mart! The grocery store was even more convient because in the rooms there is a full kitchen so you can save money by cooking in! I love this hotel/resort and would reccomend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Headzups
Reviewed November 11, 2012

When we arrived we found out that we got upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It was very nice with a full kitchen and laundry. We switched rooms because we were right next to the elevator and heard it all night long. The staff was very accomodating and switched us the next day. There is a cool restaurant right across the street called Java Jazz and the grocery store is also right across the street. If you want to save a little more money stop by Wal-Mart near the airport. The only downfall was the Internet access is very poor. If I came back to Ka'anapali I would stay here again.

2  Thank Jamiedan5
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just returned from here on a 7 night stay November 1-8....it was one of our best trips that we have taken! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, the rooms are very nice and clean! We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom with complete kitchen and washer & dryer overlooking the gardens!! Ate at the restaurant on property several times, priced well and food was great! The only complaint we had is the activity fee of $10 a day....to watch DVD movies~~ any mostly they were never instock the ones we wanted to watch. But who travels all this way to watch movies and stay in your room. Maui is awesome and I will return in the future!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived on October 13. Had a wonderful stay until October 23. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. Java jazz across the street. Grocery store across the street. Good parking. Attentive service in every way. Security on premises. Shops on site. Vangie at the desk was a life saver and helped us from day one. K' something at the pool concierge was great too.

We were pleased with service and room. We can't wait to get back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family