“Overwhelmingly wonderful experience”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Phoenix, Arizona
“Overwhelmingly wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Was booked here by travel agency as part of a package, not knowing anything about the hotel. 1st time to Hawaii, etc. I can not tell you how overwhelmed I was by the hospitality of every single employee at this hotel over my 3 day stay! It seemed to me that their single most important priority was the quality of my stay. The room was fantastic and spotlessly clean (with a great view/location, I might add). The check in/out staff was incredibly helpful, patient and courteous. They made me feel like I was their only visitor! My travel agency had an on-sight rep (Pleasant Holidays, also highly recommended) which helped me plan my days. I was out and about at just about every part of the day or night at some point of the visit, and I was welcomed everywhere I went, whenever I went there. Bottom line: now that I do know something about this hotel, I recommend it to every single person I know who will visit Maui. I myself will make sure that his hotel is where I stay upon my next, and all future visits. You will be amazed and impressed by the quality of your stay at Aston Kaanapali Shores!

Room Tip: (did not use spa). Get a room with a kitchenette, that faces the courtyard and/or ocean and pool ar...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Attica, Mi
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I agree with both of the reviews to the right. The extra fees were a little much, added on to what we aready paid. Lost the safe key, found it later but they had rekeyed it so I was stuck with the $35.00 charge.
The lady at the pool(Sara?) spent considerable time with us booking a helicopter ride over the island((I was disappointed, being on the ocean side, I couldn't see much but the others enjoyed it) and zip line for the family (grandparents, parents and 2 children) She found one that would accomodate all of us-granddaughter too light so we couldn't go with all of them-and had a marvelous time. She got us the best rate available-but it was still pricey!
We had a "Garden View" which was over a manmde waterfall, with a outrigger canoe, beautiful flowers-lovd it! Condo was comfortable, two bedroom with washer/dryer, grandhildren slept on a pull out couch.
We were there three nights, then went to the Hyatt, another wonderful experience. My daughter's family loved it so much they would like to move there!

Room Tip: Garden view gives you both beautiful gardens and the ocean in the distance. View from the balcony a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WandaBabes
Springdale, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We knew about the parking rates of $9 per day but to pay amenity fees and again for the fitness??
A nice place but not for the cost. I know you have to pay to stay in Maui but it was a good resort in my opinion! If not for these extra fees, we would have liked it a lot more. When you go somewhere, you like to know what you have spent for accommodations but not here in Maui.
On the positive side, this is a beautiful place to visit as the sites and weather is fabulous. @ 84 everyday with a breeze is very comfortable!
I would go back in the future to Maui but not with children as there is not a whole lot for teenager activity.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave E
Whiteville, NC
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here as the last leg of a 3 island anniversary vacation. At the other two islands we stayed in hotels, so it was great to be in a condo with some room to spread out and do laundry. (W&D in the condo). We had a 1 bedroom oceanview and it was delightful, however the location, in the back building, made the ocean seem very remote. We asked for a change, which they did, we checked it out, liked the first room better, and stayed there. During all of our craziness the desk staff was patient (very patient) and concerned that we have the best experience possilble. Furniture, appliences etc were very good, not deluxe over the top luxury but nicely homey. Had breakfast at the resort and it was great, and at a reasonable price. Grocery store across street, within easy walking distance, had great supplies, ready to eat items and the prices were about what we find at Myrtle Beach, SC. Also in the shops across the street is an excellent Pizza place (Paridisio ?) and Snorkle Bob's. They rent beach chairs there, which came in good for beach hopping. Oh, and you will want to beach hop. The one sorta negative about AKS is the narrow (VERY narrow) beach. Especially to East Coast (NC and SC)people,who are used to wide long strands, this was rather puzzling. But hop in the car and find you own smaller palm framed beach and just get happy. At the resort the pool area was good and the bar was close. The best compliment I can give our stay here was - it was so comfortable. In fact I cried when we got ready to leave and made the husband promise to bring me back to Kaanapali Shores.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hornet50
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We only stayed a short time in Maui, but were pleased at all aspects of the hotel. From the great reception when we arrived, to the Beach Club restaurant, the prestine grounds,the acess to the beach, shops, parking,safety, cleanliness,friendliness,and honesty. My friend left something in the Beach Club restaurant and it was found by our server and returned to us all in tow.

I would highly recomend this beautiful hotel to anyone looking for a special deal on the island.
We are looking forward to making another trip to Maui and staying again at the Aston Shores.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 625 and could see the beauty of the grounds, ocean, Beach Club, elevator right the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janet S
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the AKS resort 5/21-5/30, and it was wonderful! This was our fourth straight year staying with this resort and we were not disappointed. We stayed in a beautiful 1 bedroom which was perfect four our family of four. The kitchen was great, especially with two kids. We ate breakfast and dinner there almost everynight. We also used the BBQ area this time around, it is a bit out of the way but I really enjoyed hanging out and grilling with the family. Check-in and Out was a breeze and the front desk ladies are amazing always willing to help. The restaurant was yummy, we usually eat lunch there and they have great burgers and are priced about right for the area. There is a nice Hula show on Wed. Which is really nice. One great thing I noticed this year is that they got more beach loungers, which was very nice. Also an amazing green sea turtle came around every evening and we swam with him one of the nights, it was a great experience. There is great snorkeling a short walk down the beach, also their is a company that sits out by the big tree near the bathroom that offers paddle board lessons. Not sure what the schedule is but I did see them there often. I do recommend going to the Expedia presentation they offer on your first morning there, they have lots of great info. I think my only complaint with my stay would have to be the Wifi, we didn't have it for most of our trip and it was a bummer cause my husband and I needed to check in with work via video at some points and we had to go into the lobby to get any type of reception. We did contact the front almost daily and we contacted "Shakanet" which is the provider with no luck. So be prepared, but as we were leaving I heard the techs. from Shakanet talk about how "it should be better now", so it may be taken care of. That being said it was by no means a deal breaker for our trip just a minor inconvenience. We have recommended AKS to our family and they have planned their trip and will be staying with AKS this month. As for us we look forward to planning our next trip hopefully this fall. Thank you AKS for another wonderful vacation with my family.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Livin4adventure
Brisbane
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were nicely surprised when we arrived at this hotel at the beginning of our trip. We stayed here for 7 nights and was in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Ocean front room.
The room was huge with plenty of room including a big ktchen fridge etc - which would be great if you wanted to have some meals in.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful with nicely kept gardens, 2 pools and spas on the property, but we enjoyed the beach the most. Being able to just walk onto the beach from your hotel was great. There is a reef on this side of the island, but you only need to walk about 100mtrs which is worth it!
The pool area is fantastic - who wouldnt want to sit by the pool and have mai tais from happy hour every afternoon at the bar!
The Beach Club restaurant was great - we had dinner here 4 nights out of the 7 and we were not once disappointed - great food and service!
There is also a great gym, options to have massages on the beach, BBQ area and scuba diving out the front of the hotel!
Right across the road is also a little set of shops with a big supermarket to get little bits of food for things for a BBQ if you like - it wads yum!
I would highly recomment this hotel to couples, families or a holiday with friends if you are looking for good value for money and a fantastic resort - this is your place!

Room Tip: ask for room 402 for people in groups of 3 or more - you will not be disappointed!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family