“Very comfortable and clean”
Review of Aloha Lani Inn

Aloha Lani Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Lahaina B&B and Inns
Orange, California
“Very comfortable and clean”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Melinda is very accommodating and the house has everything you need. You feel safe and comfortable with close access to everything. I was travelling solo which made it nice to have someone to talk to and get insider info from. Great energy and also has a beautiful backyard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lincoln, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Melinda is wonderful. She made me feel right at home. The house is beautiful, with access to TV, radio, kitchen, living room, patio, and your own very, very clean bathroom and awesome shower/bath. You get a parking spot, too, in the driveway. But most of all you get Melinda's hospitality. She took the time to inform me of all the things to do on my first trip to Maui. She made me feel at home during my holiday away from my kids. She listened to my daily stories. I could not imagine spending my vacation at a better place. Lahaina is a great town. Maui is spectacular. Thank you, Melinda! Or should I say "Mahalo!" You helped make my vacation p-e-r-f-e-c-t!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I felt very comfortable, very homey, but in a Tropical Paradise. Relax, play and have fun. You're on Maui! Just a pleasant stay all the way around! Great location and a knowledgeable and sincere host

• Stayed May 2013
Nevada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We felt like life-long friends with Melinda. I suppose we have to share her and her cozy, lush backyard with other guests, but I wish we could be the only people allowed there! Loved the water pressure in the shower. We swapped fruit, drinks and heart-to-hearts each glorious night, before or after doing our thing all over the island. Miss the silly kitties and the lizards, and the tons of birds. Mahalo!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaMoms50
Salem, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a wonderful stay with Melinda and the Animals that inhabit the house and yard. Such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Melinda is a great hostess and had or could arrange anything we needed. Yes the bedroom is small, but we had access to her whole house which was very comfortable and warm. It is in a great location. This was just an overall excellent experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lena C
Studio City, California, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2012

What a different yet charming experience I had on my recent trip to Maui more specially at Melinda's place in Lahaina. I had a very pleasant time there, almost two weeks, very well located and very well accommodated. Melinda will offer just about anything you need and she has a great knowledge of the Island and especially all of the good surfing spots. The room is not huge but you do get your own bathroom and the price is just right to make this a great alternative to staying at a pricy hotel. Please note: Melinda does have cats so if you are allergic then unfortunately this is not for you but asides that...Fun times were certainly had there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Gene P
ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2011

On a positive note: the bedroom and bathroom were clean and shampoo, towels, and soap were provided. The AC in the bedroom functioned quietly. Upon our obvious initial disappointment, the housesitter talked to Melinda (in the mainland) and offered to find us another place with a full refund. Ater some difficulty finding suitable lodging, we decided to stay at Aloha Lani. Our contact with Melinda was very limited after she returned. As the "unusual stay" reveiwer noted, the bedroom is quite small - I crawled in and out of the bed. Giving Melinda the benefit of doubt, perhaps the housesitter and her roommate have lower standards for cleanliness. Only coffee was provided. A space in the refrigerator and shelves was provided for our provisions. Cats roamed in and out of the house through a hole in the screen door. I would not recommend this place

Room Tip: Only room is too small for two people.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rbyers
Melinda_Mower, Owner at Aloha Lani Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Aloha Unusual Guest!

Just wanted to respond to this review since I was away on vacation most of the time of this guests stay; it is not accurate and by far the worst review ever. My property does not deserve this rating, please see all other reviews for reference. Evidently my house sitter definitely must have lower standard of cleanliness because Aloha Lani Inn is always clean and immaculate.

This Guest was simply shopping based on price, and was obviously not a traveler that's used to staying in guest homes or bed & breakfasts. We offer very reasonable rates for an average size room. If this guests wanted condo accommodations at a higher price we certainly could have provided that for them at other properties we work with.

Best Regard,