“If you go anywhere in Maui, go here!”

Down The Hatch Maui
Ranked #36 of 235 Restaurants in Lahaina
Description: Are you in the Lahaina, HI, area and looking to try something delicious? Down the Hatch is Maui's top takeout and curbside seafood restaurant, offering a multitude of choices that are guaranteed to get your mouth watering. This establishment was founded in 2015 by three native Georgians who have since migrated to Maui. They specialize in Hawaiian cuisine with a southern twist, creating every dish with locally caught seafood and dressing with fresh ingredients. There's no end to the delicious seafood options this takeout and curbside restaurant offers. Split some crispy calamari or lava lava shrimp as an appetizer for the whole group, and then dig into entrées like a grilled fish salad, macadamia-nut-crusted Mahi, or a lobster and crabbed stuffed grilled cheese. They also offer catering services to help make your weddings, birthday parties, and even boating outings a huge success.
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

This place is so good. We had breakfast here on our first day in Maui and I loved it so much we went again for dinner. They have a good menu for kids as well. I had the lava lava shrimp omelette and my husband had pork belly Benedict and they were both delicious. For lunch I recommend the shrimp po boi or if you are going for drinks and some snacks the lava lava shrimp appetizer and the mermaid fries.

1  Thank clephen
Michael L, Manager at Down The Hatch Maui, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Aloha,

Thank you so much for the excellent reviews of our restaurant! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your visit with us so much. The Lava Lava Shrimp omelet and Pork Belly Benny are some of our very favorites! hope to see you again soon!

Mahalo

Write a reviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

To walk by this restaurant you may think "meh!" but the fish tacos are delicious and pretty affordable by Maui standards. There are not a lot of tables and it's self order with tableside delivery so not fine dining, but great casual, affordable, tasty eats!

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank LKennedy23
Michael L, Manager at Down The Hatch Maui, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Aloha "meh",

This review just made me laugh out loud! Im very glad you stopped in and didn't judge us by the street level! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

DTH was recommended to be prior to the trip so we sought this out in Lahaina ..we went later in the day .. so parking was not too bad downtown ... we hit DHT on a friday night, right before it turns from awesome food place to night club (8:30 wish) . We ordered our food and found a spot to sit ...( kinda tough for our family of 5) the seating is al fresco - in an open air space that .. the food was great - I had the Fish and chips, my wife had tacos , the kids had chicken and waffles, cheeseburgers and the quesadilla ... no one was disappointed .. everything was tasty and large portions .. fries were great (we shared an order of Mermaid fries) , the lava lava sauce tasty ( with a name like lava I was expecting a lilies spicer .. but all good)

1  Thank TravlnDad

Aloha,

Thank you so much for the excellent review of our restaurant. We are so happy your family enjoyed it so much. Yes the seating can be a bit tricky durning our busier times however we will do our very best to help you find seating! All the kids meals also come with a free kids shave ice for our sister restaurant next door! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2019

Very cool outdoor area with a singer singing an all, but the food my wife and I agreed was ok. I ate dth cheesburger and fries, was ok and my wife had Baha chicken sandwich, chicken was good . I think kind of expensive for what the food is.

1  Thank Ron S

Aloha,

So happy you enjoyed your visit with us so much! I am very sorry you did not enjoy the food as much as much as the atmosphere. I hope you will give us another chance while you are on island.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

Great coconut shrimp and mermaid tenders. Drinks are good during happy hour and apps 15% off. I recommend you stop in.

Date of visit: July 2019
Michael L, Manager at Down The Hatch Maui, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Aloha,

Thank you so much for the review. Yes everyday we have Happy hour 2-6! 15% off appetizers as well select drinks on special! We also have live music each day 3-5. Hope to see you again soon.