Review Highlights
As Lu’aus go.... this was a good night out.

Yes it was big (about 500 people) but the setting was good, the numbers were well managed and both... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
LJSpence
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
via mobile
Disappointing at Best

We were looking to have an authentic Hawiian experience, and what we got was a very typical catered... read more

Reviewed yesterday
MrsAY
Boston, Massachusetts

Recommended experiences in and around Lahaina
from $125.00
from $142.19
from $115.00
from $109.37
2,105 results
All reviews general seating vip seating preferred seating fashion show fire dancers general admission vip tickets staying at the hyatt pork chicken nuggets food was great buffet line great luau mai tai our waiter free drinks luau experience
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

This is our 2nd time in three years that we attended this luau. We attended on Christmas Night. Parking was easy, staff greeting was welcoming, the food and show were fantastic. Serving staff were very attentive. We got general seating. Try to arrive an hour early to get seats closer towards the front but you can see from every seat in the house.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank NMB2013
Reviewed January 20, 2018

I’ve been to a dozen plus luaus on my trips to Hawaii. This is by far the worst one I’ve ever seen. The show started with not much fanfare, started before dinner and finished without a fire knife dancer as described in the brochure. It reminded me of some college kid saying “Lets put on a show”. The tables are lined up perpendicular to the stage, which is common, but it’s hard to watch a show 90° to the side while you are eating dinner. The whole production dinner amd the show lasted 90 minutes, but I’m not sure if I would’ve wanted it to last longer as the show was so lacklusrer.

4  Thank Gary J
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

Visitors to Maui should not miss this event. The food was excellent,all you can eat buffet with local Hawaiian foods featured. The entertainment was fantastic and explained much of the culture of not only the Hawaiian islands but of the South Pacific. We recommend this luau experience it is well worth the money!

1  Thank WYPY
Reviewed January 18, 2018

We went as a family of 4 - with two kids. Bought tickets online, and both kids were free (and about $130 for each adult). Based on reviews, I thought we'd have to wait in a long line - we bought regular seating and got there at 5pm, and were near the front of the line, but the luau was only about 2/3 full when we went (Wednesday night in mid January). The show was good, and both kids liked it and made it to the end (8pm). There is also a "kids buffet" for hungry kids where you can get food before the main buffet - chicken nuggets, pasta and water. Food was decent. My family like the pork, although I didn't try it. The poke was good, and the salmon was not - VERY salty and yuck flavor. The food was okay, but i'm also not super picky. Overall a good value, and i'm kind of glad we didn't spend twice as much because I don't think the kids would have liked any other luau any more than this one.
Parking was easy- in the Hyatt lot near the hotel entrance, take a ticket, park, and they validate at the luau, so it's FREE. I bet on busy nights though the lot fills up quickly and early, but not when we went.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I love this luau and have gone many times. It is very important that you check in as soon or sooner then they recommend. It is a pain because if you're early you will wait on line, but very important if you have general seating that you are as close to first in line as you can be. We have done priority seating and that was great, but I have found general is fine if you get checked in and on line early. It's worth it for a better seat.
This year I didn't follow my own rules and was later than usual to check in and we were seated way in the back on a raised patio. It was way too far from the performers and we couldn't see their facial expressions which honestly is one of the best things to see during a luau. I don't blame anyone but myself for getting there late, but it is important to know. The food was delicious as always, and I actually prefer this luau's food to any others. The drum beats and fire dancers add an excitement to the show, but the show was lost for me because we were so far back and the new MC seemed to struggle a bit. I do recommend this luau just take my advice and get to check in very early.