Review Highlights
As Lu’aus go.... this was a good night out.

Yes it was big (about 500 people) but the setting was good, the numbers were well managed and both... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
LJSpence
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
via mobile
Disappointing at Best

We were looking to have an authentic Hawiian experience, and what we got was a very typical catered... read more

Reviewed yesterday
MrsAY
Boston, Massachusetts

Recommended experiences in and around Lahaina
from $125.00
from $142.19
from $115.00
from $109.37
2,105 results
All reviews general seating vip seating preferred seating fashion show fire dancers general admission vip tickets staying at the hyatt pork chicken nuggets food was great buffet line great luau mai tai our waiter free drinks luau experience
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2018

We went as a family of 4 - with two kids. Bought tickets online, and both kids were free (and about $130 for each adult). Based on reviews, I thought we'd have to wait in a long line - we bought regular seating and got there at 5pm, and were near the front of the line, but the luau was only about 2/3 full when we went (Wednesday night in mid January). The show was good, and both kids liked it and made it to the end (8pm). There is also a "kids buffet" for hungry kids where you can get food before the main buffet - chicken nuggets, pasta and water. Food was decent. My family like the pork, although I didn't try it. The poke was good, and the salmon was not - VERY salty and yuck flavor. The food was okay, but i'm also not super picky. Overall a good value, and i'm kind of glad we didn't spend twice as much because I don't think the kids would have liked any other luau any more than this one.
Parking was easy- in the Hyatt lot near the hotel entrance, take a ticket, park, and they validate at the luau, so it's FREE. I bet on busy nights though the lot fills up quickly and early, but not when we went.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I love this luau and have gone many times. It is very important that you check in as soon or sooner then they recommend. It is a pain because if you're early you will wait on line, but very important if you have general seating that you are as close to first in line as you can be. We have done priority seating and that was great, but I have found general is fine if you get checked in and on line early. It's worth it for a better seat.
This year I didn't follow my own rules and was later than usual to check in and we were seated way in the back on a raised patio. It was way too far from the performers and we couldn't see their facial expressions which honestly is one of the best things to see during a luau. I don't blame anyone but myself for getting there late, but it is important to know. The food was delicious as always, and I actually prefer this luau's food to any others. The drum beats and fire dancers add an excitement to the show, but the show was lost for me because we were so far back and the new MC seemed to struggle a bit. I do recommend this luau just take my advice and get to check in very early.

Reviewed January 16, 2018

We really had a lot of fun. A very comprehensive show that includes Hawaiian stories, music, dance and food. Very well organized. Make sure to buy arts and crafts from the local artists, there are about 10 booths with artists during and after the show. I regret not buying more handmade Hawaiian crafts that night. We spend 10 days in Maui and the only opportunity to get real Hawaiian handmade crafts, was at this Luau show.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2018

I really agonized over which luau to choose in Maui because of all the conflicting reviews I kept seeing for so many different shows. It was my mom's, aunt's, and son's first time in Hawaii, and I wanted to pick one with great food and entertainment. After a lot of consideration (and talking to the concierge at our resort before the trip), I choose Drums of the Pacific. We had the standard seats but got in line early so we got really good ones for that level. Also, my son was free which was great. It was amazing. Perfect! The food was delicious and the show was very impressive. The dancers were talented and looked great. We walked away completely happy with the venue and experience overall. Book this show and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 11, 2018

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the Drums of the Pacific Lu'au. The food is served buffet style. They offer a nice selection of local dishes (Kalua pork, poi, poke, and taro leaf w/ coconut milk) as well as "general" options like green salad, pasta salad, seasonal veggies, etc. The dessert bar also featured local ingredients, including macadamia nuts, coconut, and pineapple. There is an open bar, and each table is assigned a server.

I thought the show was spectacular, demonstrating how the native people told stories through dance and body movements. Everything was well choreographed and flowed smoothly. My favorite part was by far the fire dancers. It was simply awe-inspiring. There were also segments that invited audience members to go on stage and learn dances, which I thought was cool.

While we reserved preferred seating, I don't think there was a bad seat. Those in the far back were elevated, allowing an unobstructed view. Also, I recommend taking a sweater, as the location is right off the beach and it gets quite cool as the night progresses.

1  Thank WanderingWoman75