“Show OK, Overall Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
Book Now
Ranked #6 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience exciting lu'au entertainment right at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. The sound of the conch, the beating of the drums, and the echoes of the Hawaiian chant signal the start of Hawaii's most exciting Lu'au. "Drums of the Pacific" Polynesian Spectacular takes you on a journey through the islands of Polynesia, complete with a traditional imu ceremony and the exotic flavors of native Hawaiian cuisine. We feature authentic dances and music of the old Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Tahiti, Tonga, and Rarotonga in the hottest Lu'au Show in the Islands. See a preview of our lu'au here. Our Drums of the Pacific adventure includes:•Greeting with a shell lei and fresh mai tais or fruit punch for each guest •A delightful performance of Hawaiian music •Traditional arts and crafts demonstrations •Impressive torch lighting ceremony •Authentic imu ceremony - the unveiling of the main dish, Kalua Pua'a. •Friendly greetings by Royal Polynesians, followed by a Polynesian fashion show featuring the islands most exotic pareaus (sarong) in creative styles. •An all-you-can-eat generous buffet including Kalua Pork, Huli Huli Chicken, Grilled Fish, Polynesian Rice, Vegetables Makamaka, Tropical Fruits Anuenue, Soba Noodles, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Pacific Ahi Poke, Tossed Green Salad, and Poi (taro). •Lavish dessert bar featuring Macadamia Nut Lu'au Cream Pie, Haupia with Toasted Coconut, Pineapple Cake and Bread Pudding. It's a great Hawaiian Lu'au Feast served throughout the first half of the show. •Open bar featuring beer, wine, mixed cocktails, mai tais, and fruit punch. Join us for an unforgettable experience on your vacation. We'll see you there. ALOHA!!!
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Show OK, Overall Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were so looking forward to attending a luau on our recent trip to Maui. Our concierge recommended this show as it was more family friendly. We were concerned about booking since rain was forecasted but we were told that the show moved inside in the event of rain. We arrived as the rain started, and we were handed rain ponchos (which was nice) but we were seated outside. The rain continued (strongly!) throughout dinner...not fun eating dinner in the pouring rain. I'm sure the food could have been ok, but unfortunately it was cold and water logged from the rain. Drinks were good, but again watered down because of the constant rain. I couldn't believe it when they started the show outside instead of moving indoors. At the beginning of the show, the majority of guests actually left. We stayed and endured the rain, and there were portions of the show which were good, but it was hard to enjoy while we were cold and wet! Very disappointing that management cared so little about their guests that they decided not to cancel or move indoors. I appreciate that rain is infrequent, and that locals see rain as a blessing, but it's no fun as a guest sitting in the pouring rain (and spending a lot of money to get wet!). Overall we were disappointed - although the fire show was excellent!

Visited March 2014
MonicaSST, Manager at Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Aloha MapleMama_71, Very sorry to hear of your disappointing rainy evening. It is our mission to provide the best experience possible for all our Luau attendees and as such our daily goal is to remain outdoors, to the extent possible. With the weather being cooperative into the late afternoon, it had us all fooled. It hit just as we were opening at which point was too late to move indoors due to equipment set up. Rain checks are always available, should it be necessary. We hope you were able to enjoy the rest of you vacation. Mahalo, Monica

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“great luau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been to 5-7 luau is my life an this was up there with the best of them!!!! I loved it..even though it rained s little --the wait staff gave out raion gear an covered up the food! the show was really good--dancing an the fire dancing guys were HOT! no PUN intended but.. hahah I loved the food an I normally dont like buffets! an I only eat fish not pork or chicken..though everyone else said the meat was perfect!

Visited March 2014
Aloha gedayloo1234! So glad to hear you loved everything about our Drums Luau! Very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Mahalo, Monica
Phoenix, AZ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Better than average luau for Maui”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was going to book the Drums of the Pacific Luau but didn't get to it before the price went up and they eliminated the teen price, which would have saved me a good chunk of money for two. Instead I found a Maui Dining app deal and my two younger kids got in free. So about $400 for a family of 6, not too steep. We arrived at the luau about 5:15 and were given a side table nearer the roast pig pit. On this Wednesday night they weren't very full and I felt our seats were fine for general seating. They took our picture and displayed it later ($20), but no hard sell. They had entertainment while they were starting the luau and throughout, so my kids didn't get too bored. Our waiter was attentive with drinks. I felt the food was fairly standard Hawaiian. All 4 of my kids and teens found enough among the dishes to satisfy them. I liked the pork and the chocolate/macadamia nut dessert the best. The show was very well done. While it wasn't quite as impressive as the Polynesian Cultural Center, I thought it was a good representation of all of the cultures. Even my hard-to-impress 9-year-old was wowed by the fire-knife dancers.

Grayling, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fantastic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The drums of the pacific luau was perfect from the moment we arrived until we left. The staff were exceptional, seating gives great view of stage, unlimited drinks and food very well prepared. Our server was great and very attentive, felt like we were his only table, the show was very organized and well presented. The entire evening flowed so well from start to finish, it was just great. And the ocean side setting along the board walk is a great location.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great night with an insight into the Hawaiian culture”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here with the family - 2 adults and 2 children and absolutely loved it!

Yes, you're spending a lot of money but it's well worth it. The food is great - I loved the kalua pork which is pulled pork cooked as the whole pig over fire. The dessert was limited but there were a few yummy options.

The drinks are good and free flowing. We're not big drinkers but if you are you'd be pretty happy with the drinks that don't stop coming out.

The entertainment is why you go and the hula dancers, fire dancers and other dancers are wonderful. I've been to many of these shows in Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. and this is by far the best one I've seen (generally I find them boring).

The staff are extremely friendly and it's nice to receive a welcome drink on arrival and a lei as well.

Be sure to go if you get a chance, I had an incredible night.

Visited February 2014