“great luau!”

Drums of the Pacific Lu'au
Ranked #6 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience exciting lu'au entertainment right at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. The sound of the conch, the beating of the drums, and the echoes of the Hawaiian chant signal the start of Hawaii's most exciting Lu'au. "Drums of the Pacific" Polynesian Spectacular takes you on a journey through the islands of Polynesia, complete with a traditional imu ceremony and the exotic flavors of native Hawaiian cuisine. We feature authentic dances and music of the old Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Tahiti, Tonga, and Rarotonga in the hottest Lu'au Show in the Islands. See a preview of our lu'au here. Our Drums of the Pacific adventure includes:•Greeting with a shell lei and fresh mai tais or fruit punch for each guest •A delightful performance of Hawaiian music •Traditional arts and crafts demonstrations •Impressive torch lighting ceremony •Authentic imu ceremony - the unveiling of the main dish, Kalua Pua'a. •Friendly greetings by Royal Polynesians, followed by a Polynesian fashion show featuring the islands most exotic pareaus (sarong) in creative styles. •An all-you-can-eat generous buffet including Kalua Pork, Huli Huli Chicken, Grilled Fish, Polynesian Rice, Vegetables Makamaka, Tropical Fruits Anuenue, Soba Noodles, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Pacific Ahi Poke, Tossed Green Salad, and Poi (taro). •Lavish dessert bar featuring Macadamia Nut Lu'au Cream Pie, Haupia with Toasted Coconut, Pineapple Cake and Bread Pudding. It's a great Hawaiian Lu'au Feast served throughout the first half of the show. •Open bar featuring beer, wine, mixed cocktails, mai tais, and fruit punch. Join us for an unforgettable experience on your vacation. We'll see you there. ALOHA!!!
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been to 5-7 luau is my life an this was up there with the best of them!!!! I loved it..even though it rained s little --the wait staff gave out raion gear an covered up the food! the show was really good--dancing an the fire dancing guys were HOT! no PUN intended but.. hahah I loved the food an I normally dont like buffets! an I only eat fish not pork or chicken..though everyone else said the meat was perfect!

MonicaSST, Manager at Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Aloha gedayloo1234! So glad to hear you loved everything about our Drums Luau! Very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Mahalo, Monica

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was going to book the Drums of the Pacific Luau but didn't get to it before the price went up and they eliminated the teen price, which would have saved me a good chunk of money for two. Instead I found a Maui Dining app deal and my two younger kids got in free. So about $400 for a family of 6, not too steep. We arrived at the luau about 5:15 and were given a side table nearer the roast pig pit. On this Wednesday night they weren't very full and I felt our seats were fine for general seating. They took our picture and displayed it later ($20), but no hard sell. They had entertainment while they were starting the luau and throughout, so my kids didn't get too bored. Our waiter was attentive with drinks. I felt the food was fairly standard Hawaiian. All 4 of my kids and teens found enough among the dishes to satisfy them. I liked the pork and the chocolate/macadamia nut dessert the best. The show was very well done. While it wasn't quite as impressive as the Polynesian Cultural Center, I thought it was a good representation of all of the cultures. Even my hard-to-impress 9-year-old was wowed by the fire-knife dancers.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The drums of the pacific luau was perfect from the moment we arrived until we left. The staff were exceptional, seating gives great view of stage, unlimited drinks and food very well prepared. Our server was great and very attentive, felt like we were his only table, the show was very organized and well presented. The entire evening flowed so well from start to finish, it was just great. And the ocean side setting along the board walk is a great location.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went here with the family - 2 adults and 2 children and absolutely loved it!

Yes, you're spending a lot of money but it's well worth it. The food is great - I loved the kalua pork which is pulled pork cooked as the whole pig over fire. The dessert was limited but there were a few yummy options.

The drinks are good and free flowing. We're not big drinkers but if you are you'd be pretty happy with the drinks that don't stop coming out.

The entertainment is why you go and the hula dancers, fire dancers and other dancers are wonderful. I've been to many of these shows in Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. and this is by far the best one I've seen (generally I find them boring).

The staff are extremely friendly and it's nice to receive a welcome drink on arrival and a lei as well.

Be sure to go if you get a chance, I had an incredible night.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Announcer was boring and unimpressive. Food was blah. Typical hula show. Fire dancers were impressive though. Never invited the kids on stage which was such a bummer.

1  Thank SQFIVE