We just returned yesterday from our wonderful vacation in Maui- God's paradise on earth!
Our experience was helped considerably by our stay at Garden Gate B&B. There were new managers at the B&B - Kurt & Marie-Louie (a swiss couple) since Bill & Jamie were travelling. They made us feel at home the instant we walked into the property. Our room was spacious with our own Lanai (porch). It had a fabulous view of the ocean right from the bed. Imagine waking up in the morning and looking directly at the ocean. The lanai had a fragrant Plumeria tree right in the front. The room and the view paralled any $300 + room at a resort hotel. As soon as we woke up we were treated to a sumptous breakfast of cheeses, cold-cuts, fruits, pastries, juice and coffee. Kurt baked his own breads and we were treated to fresh, tasty baking from a swiss baker.The managers themselves had breakfast with us each morning and had warm conversations with the guests. They made us feel really comfortable and answered most of our travel questions. The B&B has its own stock of Boogie boards, snokelling equipment ( no fins though), beach chairs, mats, umbrellas, board games which are available to be borrowed for free. Kurt gave me his own snorkelling fins when I inquired asked him where I could rent a pair of fins.
The location of Garden Gate is in Lahaina - about 2 min drive from the town center and 5 min drive from the gorgeous Kaanapali beach (voted #1 beach in US where you can swim as well as snorkel). Lahaina is THE place to live if you like watersports, cruises, beaches, luaus & sea-food restaurants.
I would like to strongly recommend this B&B to any travellers to Maui because of its convenient location, beautiful rooms, gracious managers, and a friendly away from home experience.
PS- The new managers will be away from this week and will be returning to take over the management from April '07.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast offers elegant and affordable vacation rental accommodations in west Maui, Hawaii. Our accommodations are centrally located one mile from historic Old Lahaina Town and the Kaanapali Beach coastline. We are also located 30 minutes away from Kahului Airport. Our Maui B&B features the Lanai room with a private deck and panoramic ocean views of Molokai, Lanai, and Oahu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Gate Hotel Lahaina
- Garden Gate b&b
- Garden Gate Bed And Breakfast Maui/Lahaina