Tripadvisor
Lahaina
Post
Inbox
Search

“A Creamy Assortment of Choices ”
Review of Island Cream Co.

Island Cream Co.
Ranked #1 of 23 Dessert in Lahaina
Description: You've had Gelato,,,,You've had Ice Cream,,,,now you must try Island Cream! Hand Made in our shop daily, we offer a unique style of frozen dessert that you will love. Recently rated #11 Best in America by Yahoo Foods & Yelp. Once you try our special products---you will see why we say,,,"We Make Cravings!". Some special flavors include: Lahaina Cream, Oahu Oatmeal Cream, Kauai Karmel and many more! Don't forget to try our Banana-Maui, a hot dessert made with Fresh Bananas and our own topping better than "Banana's Foster". Come see what all the talk is about!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love of ice cream propelled us to a first visit to Island Cream Company and it won’t be our last. That’s because there were so many yummy choices. Even with two scoops each, we couldn’t begin to choose all we wanted to try. So far, our favorite is chocolate macadamia nut, but that may not last.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (721)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

VERY very Disappointing. Went in with great expectations, came out and threw my milkshake in the trash. I love ice cream. I do NOT throw ice cream away. I threw this one away.

It started off bad when the first scooper person was rude and curt in responding to questions about the ice cream. Twice not even opening his mouth and just pointing to a sign for the answer. Very poor form.

Next I ordered a chocolate milkshake made with vanilla I cream and hot fudge. Just like when you make a chocolate milk at home with milk and chocolate powder or chocolate syrup. I explained it twice to the server. He made a very thin, almost milk thin, vanilla shake. Then offered it to me. I again explained, you use vanilla ice cream, put in fudge, then mix it up. He appeared to not understand why someone would make a shake like that. I paid for everything, left the store, took one sip of the milk and threw it away.

Poor customer service, poor employee listening, poor employee training, poor product. Poor experience all around.

I never throw ice cream away, but Island Cream achieved that rare, rare, unknown event in my life.

Date of visit: January 2020
buysoap, Owner at Island Cream Co., responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tim: I am so sad & frankly surprised by what you have explained here. Obviously, it is our desire to provide the best service & product possible. Several things stand out as "very irregular" and I need more information so I can investigate this from our end. My first surprise is the request for "hot fudge" as that is not an ingredient we use or recommend in shakes--for obvious reasons--since it is over 120 degrees hot--and would melt everything in a shake--and make a "thin-milk" like product. However, you would be surprised by the requests we get for shakes--since a customer can make a shake from any product we offer.

Please provide me with the date & approximate time of your visit at our store. I will review all of our monitoring systems and try to figure out what exactly happen. I will also find your purchase and refund it immediately. Please email me at: dan@islandcreamco.com. I will look into this immediately and I appreciate your patience. Dan Blessing, Owner

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was a great find, across the road from the Safeway. We had a bit of time before we could get in to our condo, so it seemed like the perfect time for ice cream. It was creamy and delicious, and the made-on-house waffle cones were amazing. Staff was kind and welcoming. Needless to say, we visited several times while staying in the Lahaina area.

1  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed January 15, 2020

We love ice cream and have sampled ice cream many places including international destinations. This is simply the best we have ever tasked. The hot fudge is outstanding. Well worth a stop.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Definitely a locals favorite. Tons of variety and combinations to choose from. We came here a few times during our trip

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Island Cream Co.? Share your experiences!