“Bully Time”

Goofy Foot Surf School, Inc
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I did a lesson with Bully last January and we couldn't say enough good things about it. Bully did a great job getting us both up on our boards. Did a good job relating surfing to skiing for me, then when we were out there everyone was so friendly. Bully introduced us to everyone and everyone out on the water was giving us tips, it really felt like we were part of the neighborhood. We had so much fun even Bully lost track of time so we got a few extra free minutes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My family and I had an awesome time learning how to surf with Goofy Foot Surf School and our wicked cool instructor Talvi! He was laid back, knowledgeable in surfing technique, and had a great personality. He had us standing up on our surf boards in no time. My family had such a good time that the next day when I was scuba diving they decided to get more lessons from Talvi. After the two lesson Talvi had my younger son actually doing semi-tricks. Later that same evening because I was jealous of my wife and kids getting to go surf when I was scuba diving we all decided to rent boards from Goofy Foot. We even met up with Talvi who on his own time helped us fine tune our surfing skills even more. What a guy! He also brought his dogs with him and even had them on his board while he surfed. He was so great with my kids, wife, and I. My family and I are now hooked with surfing because of our Goofy Foot experience. The whole staff were all nice and helpful. I would recommend to anyone visiting Maui to try surfing with Goofy Foot Surf School. It's definitely a must do activity while on the island.

1  Thank kjkopa
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I took my 13 year old Son here when we were in Maui recently. We met with Tim. He stopped what he was doing and spent a lot of time with us talking about board rentals, best places to go and all the relevant details of surfing in that area. I was struck by how friendly and helpful he was. I have experienced the "we're cool and you're not" vibe at some surf shops. Not here. Tim was great. Very patient and willing to spend time chatting with us. He made us feel very welcome and comfortable. We rented a soft top board, carried it down to the beach and we were off!

I highly recommend this shop. If you are in Lahina and want to either take lessons or just rent a board I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I scheduled a last-minute SUP lesson with Goofy Foot and had a great time. Our instructor was Talvi, who was great - I definitely recommend lessons with him. He quickly figured out what our strengths and weaknesses would be, gave good instructions and advice, was very supportive and encouraging, and even got me standing up on a wave on our way in! (I was not expecting that at all, so it was a big bonus.) Everyone at the place was friendly, and I definitely recommend SUP or regular surf lessons with Talvi.

1  Thank Mary W