“Nice shop and great service”

Goofy Foot Surf School, Inc
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Salinas, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice shop and great service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I'm on Maui I always stop by Goofy Foot either to rent, or shop or just to chat. They have a great selection of boards and accessories and great advice for the visitor. They are located at the beach near Lahaina. I have surfed the break near the shop and have seen families of beginners taking lessons. I'll be there in a few weeks and plan for my daughter to get some lessons from Goofy Foot in spite of my 45 years of surfing.

My home break is Santa Cruz.

H. Coe

Tokyo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bully made it extra special”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not sure how good or bad the other surf schools are in Lahaina, but it's the instructors that make the experience good or bad and Bully was a great instructor. He really understands (and loves) the ocean and you feel as though you are not just getting a surf lesson but a life lesson too. He was so wise, funny, informative and professional that I booked private lessons with him immediately after. I highly recommend taking a private lesson if you can...you catch a lot more waves, get a lot more leeway from the other surfers and get a lot more attention from your instructor. Hands down the best surf instructor I've ever had.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You really can surf”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm 35 and have terrible balance. Still, my instructor's patience and good humor was enough to encourage me and get me up on a board. I'm not doing tricks, but I can catch my own wave and enjoy a day surfing. For that, it was well worth the money. Great photos, too.

Visited April 2013
Helena
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Late, hungover but the absolute best experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

At the age of 61 I decided to take my first surfing lesson. I arrived at the appointed time and waited. And waited. And waited...Nate, my instructor, finally showed up and had obviously been partying very hard the night before. Now you might think this is a preamble to a negative review but far from it. Nate took extra time, was very professional and, most importantly, got me up and surfing in short order. He was a delight and made the whole process fun. I couldn't have been more pleased.

A year later I returned and took another lesson. Nate had since departed but my next instructor was just as competent - and fun - as Nate. The whole staff is friendly, helpful and excited to pass along the great surfing enthusiasm to their students.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very nice staff and helpfull,great boards and clean shop.
They offer lessons but if you know how to surf the staff will even share some spots with you.had a great time and finally surfed in Hawaii .