“Beginner class was perfect!”

Goofy Foot Surf School, Inc
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Charlottetown, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beginner class was perfect!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I, both beginners with zero surfing experience, had a great experience with Goofy Foot. We heard about them in Maui Revealed (great book on Maui). Our group was small (5 people) and our instructor was very knowledgable, passionate about surfing and wanted to make sure everyone had a great time and learned as much as they could in our 2 hour lesson. Fortunately, another teacher came out with our group after our "land training" and we took turns as the instructors took us one by one. It was so much fun, and I would wholeheartedly recommend them! Back at the shop, everyone was very helpful and cheerful. It was definitely a vacation highlight. Thanks to everyone at Goofy Foot for completing our Hawaiian holiday!

Seattle
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Goofy Foot is the Best!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My kids had an excellent experience with surf lessons here last time we were in Maui, so when my husband and son wanted to do Stand Up Paddleboarding, we knew where to go! My guys are not small people and their center of gravity is high. Armadillo got the 2 other people in the class up right away, worked on my son for a few minutes and then dilligently worked with my husband until he finally got up on the board. He was endlessly patient, trying 4 different styles of boards and being nothing but encouraging to everyone. He even made sure that I got great pictures of both of them!
The entire staff at Goofy Foot is always friendly, on the move and go out of their way to help, even if they're not in charge of that particular group.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Must Do In Maui &Ten Stars for our Instructor Kevin!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I are 49 and in fairly good shape, we have always talked about trying surfing lessons and finally did it on this trip to Maui. After reading the reviews for Goofy Foot Surf School Inc, we signed up for the 7am beginner surf group lesson. Turned out to be just my husband and I in the class. All of the staff were super friendly and organized. Kevin was very patient and professional and both of us got up on our first waves after his beach lesson. I was a little apprehensive about trying surfing after a few hard slams boogie boarding but actually found surfing way more fun! The waves by the school are great for learning.

Visited October 2012
“Great prices and knowledge!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My gf took a lesson, great price $65 for 2 hours. She loved it. I rented a board for $15 for two hours and went out by myself. Definitely recommend this spot...you're surfing over the reef at lahaina harbor so they know the safe breaks and provide reef booties. Parking under the shop for $5 all day. Check them out!

montreal
“surf lesson in Lahaina”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a surf lesson with them, small group (only 4 people with 1 instructor) The instructor was really patient and nice with everybody, even tough some people in our group seems a bit fearful and had difficulty with catching a wave, we stay until everyone had the chance to experiment a good one. I would strongly recommend this school if you want a great, safe and fun experience!
They love what they do and it shows!

Visited September 2012