“Great place to go”

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to go”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I got my Open Water Certification from Maui Diving Center. Rich and Chantelle were really great and helpful. My Dive instructor was Kevin and he is a total rockstar. he was very good at his job, knew what he was talking about, extremely patient with some of the more difficult students. he made us extremely comfortable in the water. i would definitely recommend this place for anyone who is interested in getting a dive certification and the best part is that they are very reasonably priced. some of the other dive centers were asking way to much money.

2 Thank nishant_lakshman

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great customer service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Took my Padi course online, went to Maui diving to Do the actual dives, Chantelle and Rich at the shop were great and very knowledgeable , Kevin my dive instructor was excellent , a very patient,teacher.

I will be back mahalo
Manny

2 Thank Datman350
Detroit, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scuba with Kevin, at maui diving”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great shop and Instructors! They bent over backwards to help my wife finish her cert! (and she gets frustrated easily) They took us on two shore dives which were a little bit of work but the airport beach reef was a good reef and the Mala Pier was great! They offer lots of other dives but these are the two they offered that day.
Great Guys, Great Shop, Great Instruction! Cant wait to go back for some of there other dives!
Thanks Kevin and Rich!

3 Thank John P
Mississauga, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Maui is the place to be”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our experience on Maui was just fantastic. The food the hotels the shops the people,the shows and the tours. All was just great. There is so much to do and so little time to do it all in one trip. So of course we have to go back to Maui again. I think I left part of my heart on that great island. We did the Road to Hana tour by bus. I would tell anyone that wants to rent a car foer this to not bother. First your insurance won't cover you. second you will thank me later if you don't as the driver sees nothing . 616 curves in a very short distance. Enough said on this you have to take this tour. Also the Atlantis Submarine. It was a wonderful experience and built us up for our first time snorkeling. Both trips were great. Lahaina is a real nice town to eat have a few drinks and most all ocean tours are out of this port. Real nice place to be. We also took in a show and it was a musical of the history of Hawaii. Well done! The beaches on Maui are so nice and the sunsets are golden moments. Just picture having dinner and a few Blue Hawwians and watching the sun set. Yes all this from your seat just steps away from the beach. What I liked most about Maui is I'm not stuck on some resort . I like going out and doing whatever i want and not have to worry about my safety. The 50 th State is true paridise.

Visited September 2012
Maui, Hawaii
“Made tripadvisor account just to say how great this place is!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Landed in Maui and found this place online right away. Within an hour we were picking up our books to begin PADI Open Water Certification. The next day we met with the best instructor EVER, Mike. He had a calm, relaxed attitude (I was very nervous about diving) and led us through the requirements of certification. We got into the water fairly quickly and Mike was an amazing teacher. He has over 15 years of experience and has certified 4000+ people (and now two more!).

We had a bad experience with a different dive place in California, but Mike's experience shone through and made the dive lessons interesting and fun. We saw tons of turtles, harlequin shrimp, and took pictures with an octopus. He showed us pictures of local aquatic animals and educated us on which ones are dangerous and where they are generally found.

We LOVED our certification and can't wait to go back out. We'll be renting equipment from Maui Diving Scuba Center Snorkel Shop, of course, since they took such good care of us during certification. Plus they have an awesome shop cat...We can't recommend this place more!