“worst food i had in Maui "bar none"”

Sunset Cocktail Cruise
Laval, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“worst food i had in Maui "bar none"”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

i am a chef , but i own a catering company and i have 30 years of experience in fast or fine cuisine , this was the worst food i ate in Maui , the pasta was over over over cooked , i am Italian and i don't expect pasta to be al dente all the time but this was not only over cooked it just tasted real bad to much garlic not cooked and to much spices i could not even tell what they were ,

definite no , i do not recommend this tour , way way over priced , and food no good

Visited September 2011
3 Thank GusttoGiusto

Thousand Oaks, California
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Fun relaxing cruise”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Two hour plus cruise out of Lahaina Harbor. We took the whole family. The crew were pleasant and friendly. They serve two drinks on the cruise which had good amounts of alcohol in them as opposed to some bars. In addition to the drinks, they is a large, plentiful amount of appetizers such as cheese, salami, crackers, vegetables, etc. Nice lively music also enhanced the overall ambiance of the cruise. Love watching the sunset from sea.

Visited July 2011
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Sunset Sailing Cruise Ever on the Scotch Mist II”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I wanted to go on a Sunset Sailing trip while we were in Maui. We looked around, and found most people were using the catamaran trips. After reading more on those trips and watching them while we were on the beach we noticed all they did was motor around. To me that is not sailing. We met with Haley on the docks, who was very pleasant and informative. She sold us on trip, because they actually do sail around during the sunset. Amazing a Sunset Saling trip who actually sails!!!!!!!!! The crew was fantastic. It was a small group and we all had a great time. I'm pretty sure the girls did after a few bottles of champaine, but we won't mention that. Of course they might see something on You Tube, but I swear I have no idea how it got there.

Captain Gene and Leroy were a lot of fun. We even were lucky enough to have Gene's grandson with us. He was fantastic with taking care of all of the pictures for everyone.

If anybody is looking for a true Sunset Sailing Crusie ride aboard the Scotch Mist II. This will be one of the most memorable trips in Maui you won't forget. I know we won't!!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Tahoeone
Laguna Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worst Company Ever. BEWARE”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

BEWARE!!!!!
I would not give this company even one star. I have visited Hawaii 26 times and this was the WORST experience I have ever had. Our party included my husband and our 3 young children. We booked their snorkeling tour. It was terrible conditions at sea and they should have turned the boat around immediately and returned us to safety. Instead, they were concerned with their pocket book and continued this tour while putting all of our lives in jeopardy. I could not hold onto my children tight enough, two ladies behind me were all trying to hold the children. The waves were so large and the captain was hitting each wave at top speed, so fast I almost think he enjoyed scaring us. We were coming completely out of our seats, food (from their lunch) was flying all over the boat and 17 of the 23 passengers were vomiting. The captain ignored the several requests to take up back. The captain could clearly see all of our terror and that his boat was covered in vomit, but due to his arrogance and complete lack of concern he continued to torture us in this boat. We were completely at his mercy as we were in the middle of the sea with no cell phone reception. I tried to get them to call the coast guard to come get us, again being ignored. I did not think we would make it back for me to write this review. After we returned to our hotel, I called the manger (Lucy) to express my terrifying anger. She apologized and explained that the bad conditions were because of the tsunami aftermath. WELL, why did you not disclose this to me BEFORE I brought my 4year, 3 year and 1 year old on your boat. She then continued to tell me that they have cancelled all tours for the week and she will refund my money. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, screw the money. How could you have allowed your captain to ignore our requests to turn back? Why did you not check the conditions of the ocean before you put 23 peoples lives in jeopardy. This company "Lahaina Cruise Company" RUINED our vacation. This was so bad that I do not see us booking our usual annual trip to Hawaii next year. The memories of the horrible 4-5 hour trip has woken me up in sweat filled nightmares. Probably one of the worst experiences I have had in my life. Please NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. They don't care about people, just about their pocket book.
They have the most unprofessional staff, this company needs to be closed down.

Visited March 2011
5 Thank MomCobb
Pittstown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Sunset Cruise in Maui – Scotch Mist Sailing Charters (808-661-0386)”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have travel to many destinations all over the world and always make sure that we take a sailing cruise. This was truly the best sailing cruise we experienced. The owner Gene, his captain Denise and his Crew Tony made the trip unforgettable. It is too bad Gene and his team cannot be clone and put in all marines. This was true sailing at its best and made our trip to Maui unforgettable. This is a tour that should not be missed.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank JandJ4ever

Been to Sunset Cocktail Cruise? Share your experiences!