“Awesome Sunset Cruise in Maui - Scotch Mist Sailing Charters (808-661-0386)”

Sunset Cocktail Cruise
Pittstown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Sunset Cruise in Maui – Scotch Mist Sailing Charters (808-661-0386)”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have travel to many destinations all over the world and always make sure that we take a sailing cruise. This was truly the best sailing cruise we experienced. The owner Gene, his captain Denise and his Crew Tony made the trip unforgettable. It is too bad Gene and his team cannot be clone and put in all marines. This was true sailing at its best and made our trip to Maui unforgettable. This is a tour that should not be missed.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank JandJ4ever

Bay Area
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worst Cruise company EVER- RUN FROM THIS PLACE”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Unfortunately this cruise was booked by the concierge for us while we were staying at the Westin Kaanapali Villas. The check in person was by far the worst person I have ever dealt with in all my years. She was rude, uncaring, indignant, and downright mean.

We were told by the check in girl to arrive at the stall at no later than 5:15, as they begin promptly boarding at 5:00, and depart immediately at 5:30, or we would be in danger of missing the boat. This was some what of a hardship for us as we had a whale watching cruise ending at 5:00. We managed to juggle everything and rushed to make it to the dock at exactly 5:13pm. We were so excited about the adventure we thought was awaiting us. There was a great little Polynesian show going on at Stall 4 and the boat looked amazing to ride on. I THOUGHT this must be the tour Westin had booked for me. Boy was I wrong!!! Turns out, our boat had not even arrived when this very modern cruise ship left the harbor at exactly 5:30. I politely asked the check in person what was happening with our boat and why we had not boarded and it was already departure time. she replied, " I dont know, they are on their own time and they wont tell me." Hmmm- wait what? I left it at that thinking to myself something about this doesnt seem right. I waited another 10 minutes before I decided that the first answer was not good enough, and I was paying close to $200 for this cruise and I was sitting on the dock.

The check in girl then tells me, "I dont know what is going on, do you want me to lie to you?" I explained that I was hoping for some update. She was very upset and rolled her eyes and in a rude tone told me that "Stuff just happens" and " to just accept it and wait like every one else". I informed her that I paid a lot of money and that I expected more. She told me that I was not living in the real world and that the boat was only 10 minutes late which was no big deal. I replied that it was 45 minutes late as boarding was supposed to begin at 5pm. She told me to just wait and not to worry. Finally at around 5:50pm the boat arrived - it looked like it was built in the 70's. The paint was old faded and chipping off. There were the .99 cheapy plastic chairs with the 3 dollar tables lined up on the uncovered top deck. Are you kidding me? This is my $200 dinner cruise?

I walk back and tell the check in girl that the boat is leaving too late for me and I want a refund. She tells me that if I dont go I wont get my money back since they already cooked my dinner for me as she points to the metal containers sitting on the docks near the boat. This was the straw that did it for me. I ordered the fish and it was sitting on the docks waiting for the boat getting cold! Now I insisted that I get a refund and the girl told me no way, the boat was going out and no refunds would be issued. I returned my tickets, Id rather lose my money than go on a cruise on that pile of crap boat with my food sitting on the dock for almost an hour with no heat. Isnt that some sort of health hazard?

Needless to say after many complaints I got my money back from the Hotel. DO NOT EVEN THINK THAT YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE HERE!!!! RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank caposcore
florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“maui dinner cruise w. pacific whale foundation”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

we did this cruise last year. plan to visit Maui next month and definitely plan on taking this cruise again... the food was very good, the seating excellent...
nice entertainment

3 Thank edieFlorida
ShangHai and ZhuHai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable Sunset Cruise - Scotch Mist II Sailing Charters, Lahaina”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Sun., Oct 5th '09 - we went on board the Scotch Mist II. Captain Gene , Tony & Deb are so professional throughout the sunset cruise. Needless to say their hospitality and knowledge of the Ocean. It really made you feel like home. The sailing boat isnt packed like the others and we got to know each other well. The sunset is so breath taking today since the weather, the wind, the clouds, the crews and the crowds are all in perfect harmony.
We will definitely come back for the "Humpback Whale watch" later on.

1 Thank Brgdriver
Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Do anything else but Dont do this cruise!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We accidentally booked this instead of a dinner cruise but after reading the reviews for the dinner cruise I'm glad we paid less for a equally crappy cruise as the dinner one. The boat was old and ugly and there was random gear hanging out of every spot. The boat itself just rocked back and forth and probably made everyone sick. We have very strong stomachs and I was getting nauseous! The drink selection was very limited and not good at all. Even though we got our tickets on a buy one get one free sale, I thought it was awful. I now understand how they can afford to do such a sale. They are trying to get any customers on that boat. The staff was friendly but it still didn't make up for the poor quality of everything else on this boat. Also, the boat barely left the harbor. I expected to float away on the sea but instead we just passed the harbor and make a loop. it was back and forth in front of the harbor. Dont waste your money here, try another activity.

Been to Sunset Cocktail Cruise? Share your experiences!