This is one of the cheapest hotels you will find in Ka'anapali, so you can't expect to get the high end class. We were upgraded to an ocean view room, which was very nice, but not surprisingly, was just near the party area, with a noisy employee party till late evening, the Saturday we arrived and needed the rest, and with early evening daily Lu'au parties. If you like the show, you get it for free from your balcony, minus the food...
The great thing about this hotel, is surely it's location, just "on" the beach. two steps out of your room, and you are walking on the beautiful sandy beach. On the downside, a few things to be aware of, and if you don't mind them, you can enjoy a nice vacation in Maui, for an affordable price.
1) Rooms are dated, old style green carpets, and bit shabby bath room area.
2) Mattress is old and not very comfortable.
3) No wireless Internet in rooms, and when in the main resort lobby, Internet beyond one hour is for $10/day.
4) No microwave in the room, which I always found kind of silly, since a cheap microwave costs one third of a single night rate.
5) When we checked in, I got a nice printed paper with the dates of our stay, to put on the dashboard of our car, showing the people in charge that we are eligible to park in the parking area. What they did not bother to tell us, is that we will be charged upon checkout $10/day for this parking.
Bottom line - for budget travelers, this is not a bad choice. If you are willing to pay average Maui rates, you can probably do better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Ocean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Ocean Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Ocean Lahaina
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Maui/Lahaina