“Safe fun diving”
Review of Lahaina Divers

Lahaina Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll experience Hawaiian diving at its best at pristine Molokini Crater, dramatic Lanai, the awe inspiring Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, the sunken schooner Carthaginian, drift diving at Molokini Backwall and West Lanai, weekly twilight/night dives and daily Turtle Reef, all with the convenience of a West Maui departure. Our dive shop is located in the heart of the historical village of Lahaina Towne, 4 miles from the Ka'anapali Resort area and a short walk to Lahaina Harbor. We dive more of Maui County, more often than any other dive operator on the island! Nitrox is available. Lahaina Divers is one of the oldest PADI shops in existence and offers a full range of scuba training as well. Beginners complete the Introductory PADI Discover Scuba program(no certification needed), daily Open Water referral dives and Advanced Open Water dives on the Turtle Reef charter. We offer training all the way to scuba instructor! Come, join us as we celebrate our 37th year of diving in Maui!
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Organized, professional, safe operation. I dive with them whenever I come to Maui and I am always satisfied. My son's girl friend took the try scuba program and loved it. She felt they were clear on the instruction, they made sure she understood. Furthermore, she felt comfortable working with the dive master. Later that week I went on an advanced dive and it was very well organized and the safety precautions and procedures were clear.

The boat is always clean and the entire crew works together to make sure you are safe and having fun.

1  Thank jameskZ9587NS
in 14 reviews
"dive group"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2016

We hit all the major sites Maui, Lania and Molokini. Three tank Thursday is a must do. Drift dives at Lania that are not part of the mooring schedule. Most fish in one dive we have ever seen. Friday "hammerhead shark" dive was incredible. Seven sharks on dive one and three on dive two. This trip is were you see the talent this dive shop utilizes. The COO of the organization was on our dive and was just one of the crew. Easy to talk to and friendly. The route is through some extremely rough water and tests your exit skills but the crew was absolutely super. Kudos to Capt. Buzzy, he was a master in some very difficult seas. Dive masters Mitch, Levi, Nick, Erica, Michelle and Capt. Josie were all great and fun to be around. Capt. Dave thanks. Great dive vacation!

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

I dove 3x this past week. The dive boats and the personnel are fabulous.

I give the dive shop/tours 5 stars- wonderful people and places and nice gear. Fabulous! The captains are fabulous.

But last week, 3 of us also participated in the open water dive certification ... I give that two stars maybe one star.

I would recommend getting certified somewhere else than go ahead and dive here.

I wasn't given a review or comment/ suggestion opportunity directly with the company so I will do so here and other review sites.

First a few positive things:
- the instructor was very very thorough
- the instructor was knowledgable

My main complaints:
- you don't leave a 12 year old alone in the water when they can't descend on a dive without alerting the captain or someone that you left one of your students behind.
- a little enthusiasm would have helped
- a little humor would have helped
- the first day of confined water dives - there were no breaks, no water, there were 7 of us in wetsuits and full gear in a small pool for 5-6 hours. We overheated on the hot day and in the 95 degree pool. It was miserable. Kudos to the instructor to help me take off my fin before I puked. (Cool water, a break, some empathy, a chair, maybe a cold pineapple.... Anything would have made that day better. It stands as the worst day of my vacation.)

6  Thank Alison K
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

We dove both sides of Molokini. Great visibility. Saw a few white tip reef sharks. Lahaina Divers provides great snacks including fresh fruit, enormous and delicious chocolate ship cookies, deli sandwiches and Maui Chips. The crew takes excellent care of the divers including setting up all equipment, and changing it over between dives. We rented BCD's, regs and fins. All the equipment was like new and seemed in excellent shape. They have rinse bins for your gear and can stow dive bags but not wet suits. Great trip, we will use them again. We dove a total of 14 dives with them.

3  Thank Wlhilton
See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2016

I took my first introductory dive with Lahaina Divers more than 20 years ago. Sine then i have been back 4 more times and never thought about diving with anyone else on Maui.
They are the epitome of a PROFESSIONAL dive shop. From the quality of their shop, staff, equipment, procedures, boats, dive masters, photographers, everyone.
I have dove all over Hawaii, the Caribbean and Florida and no one has been able to match them as a dive company.
This time i took my two sons, one of which is a newly certified 10 year old, and they were patient and respectful of him, and treated him with a lot of respect.
My wife who has issues equalizing was made to feel comfortable and was accommodated with her slower descents and never left out.
I certainly recommend them and will certainly dive with them again.

Date of experience: July 2016