“First rate shop, great staff and incredible dive sites!”
Review of Lahaina Divers

Lahaina Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll experience Hawaiian diving at its best at pristine Molokini Crater, dramatic Lanai, the awe inspiring Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, the sunken schooner Carthaginian, drift diving at Molokini Backwall and West Lanai, weekly twilight/night dives and daily Turtle Reef, all with the convenience of a West Maui departure. Our dive shop is located in the heart of the historical village of Lahaina Towne, 4 miles from the Ka'anapali Resort area and a short walk to Lahaina Harbor. We dive more of Maui County, more often than any other dive operator on the island! Nitrox is available. Lahaina Divers is one of the oldest PADI shops in existence and offers a full range of scuba training as well. Beginners complete the Introductory PADI Discover Scuba program(no certification needed), daily Open Water referral dives and Advanced Open Water dives on the Turtle Reef charter. We offer training all the way to scuba instructor! Come, join us as we celebrate our 37th year of diving in Maui!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been diving with LD over the course of the last 4 trips I've taken to Maui. Both Captains and crew have always been terrific. These guys do this every day and it shows in their experience all while keeping the enthusiasm up. I've always had great things to say about the crew on the water but this past trip, I had an experience with the shop staff that really stands out.

I had my annual regulator service performed by my home dive shop before I left for my trip. Come to find out on the first dive that I had a leaky second stage. I took my reg into Ron at the LD shop where he immediately tore it down completely and spent at least an hour fixing it while I waited. It ended up being a little more serious than we initially thought, so I left while Ron kept working. I picked it up the next morning when I checked in and it worked perfectly. I totally owe Ron for saving me from missing a day of diving.

I recommend these guys to anyone- no matter their skill level.

PS- the hammerhead site is a once in a life time dive. Gotta do it!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"surface interval"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Dove the crater area of Molokini. Don't be fooled by Erica's tender looking age, she's a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Dive Master. Really liked the yellow jacket she wore while diving, so much easier to stay with your group when she's so easy to spot. One of our group had an issue while diving, which was quickly solved and didn't affect the rest of us or our dive.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Did a 2 dive trip to Lanai with Joe the Divemaster. Excellent service and a very comfortable boat. Lots of fish and structure. Wish I was diving the Molokini instead of snorkeling.joe briefed us on the fish we would encounter before the dive. He knew a lot about the local fish that really made the dive more interesting.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I have dived Molokini crater and back wall, turtle canyon, Cathedrals (Lanai), Molokai hammerhead, the Carthaginian (?sp), and a night dive. Each experience has been great and the dive masters are both professional and friendly. They remember me by name each time I come back and I really appreciate that. Also, with each subsequent dive, they offered me deeper discounts on the dives.

I will always come back to Lahaina divers when I'm on Maui. I initially chose them because they offered the best value on dive packages including service to Lanai and Molokai- must see dive sites.

1  Thank Hsphoser36
See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have read numerous marginal and poor reviews of Lahaina Divers on this site. I would not have booked the dive here, but our concierge recommended them. He was right and the reviews were wrong. We made two boat dives on consecutive days. The crews were awesome. We had no issues with equipment. The boat was well maintained. Our dive guide was great. Two people in our party had not been diving in about 10 years. The guide paid a little extra attention to them, and made sure he was available if needed. Thanks Dan!! The dive guides are conservative regarding dive time and minimum air at surface. I personally would have drawn a couple of hundred more psi from the tank, but I absolutely respect safety decisions without compaint. Lahaina Divers, mahalo!!