“Great dive crew!”
Review of Lahaina Divers

Lahaina Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll experience Hawaiian diving at its best at pristine Molokini Crater, dramatic Lanai, the awe inspiring Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, the sunken schooner Carthaginian, drift diving at Molokini Backwall and West Lanai, weekly twilight/night dives and daily Turtle Reef, all with the convenience of a West Maui departure. Our dive shop is located in the heart of the historical village of Lahaina Towne, 4 miles from the Ka'anapali Resort area and a short walk to Lahaina Harbor. We dive more of Maui County, more often than any other dive operator on the island! Nitrox is available. Lahaina Divers is one of the oldest PADI shops in existence and offers a full range of scuba training as well. Beginners complete the Introductory PADI Discover Scuba program(no certification needed), daily Open Water referral dives and Advanced Open Water dives on the Turtle Reef charter. We offer training all the way to scuba instructor! Come, join us as we celebrate our 37th year of diving in Maui!
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After living in Honolulu for 3 years, I was visiting Maui for the 3rd time in 8 years since moving back to the mainland. I have dove with other outfitters in Maui, but Lahaina divers was the most professional, best run and most interactive dive crew overall! I did a Lanai dive on a Wednesday morning in February. The crew was fun, knowledgeable and engaging with all the divers. We saw several whales during our boat trip and the Lanai Cathedrals were great! Nice job guys!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

On a whim I decided to stop by Lahaina Divers while on a recent trip to Maui. I wanted to pick up a t-shirt, but ended up getting much more. When I went to check out I dealt with Shad who was very helpful. As I checked out, I asked if they have any spots open for the next day, Which was Thursday Feb. 14th. He said that they had a spot on the Lanai drift dive, he told me about it and so my t-shirt purchase turned into booking a 2 tank drift dive. On Valentine's day. My wife gave me one of "those" looks.
Anyway, next day I go check in with the shop and make my way to the marina. Met up with the Crew, The crew was great, Capt. Garett and the dive masters made sure that everyone was squared away and being safe, but at the same time made sure that we were having fun.
Our first dive was to Monolith moving to Menpachi.
Great dive max depth of 84 feet. Water was 74 to 78 degrees. I wore the Shorty with the farmer john. Didn't get cold.
Dive was great. Lots of fish, saw some big lobsters in a great swim through. I liked that it was a small group, only 8 divers.
On our surface interval we got a great show from some Whales. We saw a female being pursued by a bunch of males, this was called a Comp-Pod. The males were competing to be the females mate. Pretty cool.
Lunch on the boat was provided, very tasty ham & turkey sandwiches.
The second dive we went to Sgt. Major & Sgt. Minor reefs, saw all kinds of cool stuff, Big eel a turtle, an octopus. Great dive.
The coolest thing about diving Maui is if you are quiet, you can hear the Whales singing in the water.
If you dive, or want to dive, See Lahaina divers.

LahainaDivers, General Manager at Lahaina Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. Many of us think that the Lanai Drift dives are some of the best Lanai has to offer. We are glad you enjoyed your diving.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Sean, Paul and David provided excellent service on a vessel with lots of free space. They provided loads of education and really helped us get the maximum enjoyment out of our trip. As a bonus on the way back they threw in a little whale watching where we saw a whopping four breaches back to back. Great job guys thanks for the excellent day.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice big boats and experienced dive guides. My favorite was the Hammerhead/Molokai dive with Erica. The slip at Lahaina harbor is the most convenient of the Maui operators. The rental equipment is of good quality.

1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We went out on the Dominion for a trip to Mala. We had 1 diver and 1 snorkeler in our group. Saw lots of fish and Mala was a good experience