“Awesome trip!”

Captain Steve's Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling trips to Lanai and Whale watching in season Constantly in search of the "Perfect Day" of snorkeling or whale watching, Captain Steve and his crew will stop at nothing to ensure unparalleled service and quality. Waste no time in discovering the secrets of the reef and playing with dolphins, humpback whales, turtles and rays. There is no telling what we might encounter on any given day. No two trips are alike, and that's probably what keeps the captains and crew so friendly and accommodating. They are as excited about going to work as the guests are about going on a Maui rafting adventure! History Established in 1986. Captain Steve's Rafting is a true example of the words "owner operated." Since he started his business in 1986, Steve has been insisting on personal service and satisfaction for every guest. As he explains, "I want to make sure everyone who comes with us absolutely loves the experience." It's hard to find someone more sincerely dedicated to making visitors happy. That's why so many customers keep coming back to Captain Steve's year after year. A note with regard to the captains and crew: It is widely known that Captain Steve has been the only operator of the family business for the past three decades, but with the advent of his second boat, he obviously cannot be two places at once. He is therefore committed to selecting only people who truly care about the craft of tourism and wish to make a positive impact on the experience of the guests. Thus "going the extra mile" is always sought after when considering a representative of his company.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I can't remember the name of our guides, but the trip was great. They didn't just drop us off to snorkel at any old spot. They spend a lot of time making sure we get the most out of the stops. I also like the fact that the snorkeling can be as independent as you'd like. I personally enjoy exploring the Lana'i reefs on my own instead of having to swim behind a guide. I like the rafts that they travel on, and the catered food was really nice as well. I felt very comfortable with the guides and they would stop and tool around if they heard of any wildlife near-by. We were able to see some turtles in the morning, lots of fishes and other sealife on the reefs, and even a pod of spinner dolphins! They showed us many spots of Hawaiian legends and it was great to hear the stories as well. I will definitely visit again when I return to Hawaii some day.

There are newer reviews for Captain Steve's Rafting

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We got off of Steve's boat about an hour ago... Great experience. The boat is extremely clean, neat, organized and safe. We saw spinner dolphins who jumped in the air, spinning around, saw many sea turtles, eagle rays, and too many tropical fish to mention. Captain Steve and his crew went out of their way to make sure that our trip was enjoyable. We had four adults and two kids, 12 and 8. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband had snorkeled before, but my 15 year old, 11 year old and I had not, so I was nervous going out, but Capt. Steve and his first mate put me at ease right away. Fruit and donuts were waiting for us when we met the boat. Our belongings were secured, and we were fitted with snorkel gear. We stopped at two spots to snorkel at Lanai, and saw lots of fish and a sea turtle. The trip was fun and we learned lots about the area. Great lunch was provided after the second snorkel stop. While we were all good swimmers in our group, there was someone on board who didn't swim at all. She was given floats and instruction, and seemed to really enjoy herself. The entire trip was from 8 to 2:30, and was one of the highlights of our trip to Maui. Definitely do this if you are looking for a fun day out.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Captain Steve is experienced, well prepared and attentive to each of the approximately 30 passengers on his ocean going raft, powered by twin 250 HP outboard engines. Over the course of approximately six hours we snorkeled with green sea turtles of the coast of beautiful Lanai, saw colorful tropical fish and coral, traveled with a large pod of spinner dolphins. Captain Steve is knowledgeable about the area as was Lynn, his crew member, but didn't overwhelm the peaceful beauty of the day with loud announcements (no microphones!) or continuous talk. Have a question or an interest? They were right there with loads of information. Equipment good as was light breakfast and lunch. Wonderful day! Good for couples, families, friends, singles.

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I spent a really amazing day of Snorkeling and sightseeing with Captain Steve. We headed out to Lanai and made several stops for some amazing snorkeling. The first stop was right outside of Lahaina where we saw sea turtles... Then closer to Lanai, we were lucky enough to encounter a pod of Dolphins. Steve took us to a beautiful coral reef where we snorkeled and saw an eagle ray and countless fish. Steve was knowledgable, experienced, kind and so much fun. I would definitely go out with this company again the next time I am in Maui.