“I'd rather go to coldstone....”

Lappert's Ice Cream
Ranked #9 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We had ice cream at Lapperts once and it was enough. We were expecting homemade ice cream and were sorely disappointed. After that, we didnt take any more chances and headed straight to coldstone...which did not disappoint.

1  Thank Manan A

Reviewed July 30, 2008

Since I was five years old, Lappert's is a must during our bi-annual vacation to Maui. Their shaved ice with ice cream in the middle is amazing. I've still never found anything that compares.

1  Thank alypaige
Reviewed April 28, 2008

First off, the service was horrible, no Aloha spirit at all. The gal acted very put off to have to wait on us. I ordered the coconut, pineapple ice cream, and my husband ordered the chocolate mac nut ice cream. It tasted old, not very good at all, really wished we would have saved the $8.00 we spent on two single servings of this so called ice cream.

We had purchased much better ice cream at the local grocery store. I think it was Rosalani brand. It was much better and for two half gallons we paid less than eight dollars.

Lapperts was a huge let down.

2  Thank soexcitedformaui
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Best ice cream in Hawaii!! Just follow the smell of the fresh baked waffle cones. Hana Road is my favorite flavor!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Lappert's "restaurant" is little more than an ice cream counter in a Front Street corner location. But, this is some of the best ice cream you'll ever try, and not to be missed. Why opt for the same brands and tastes you can get back home when you can try uniquely Hawaiian flavors from a local legend? Its a little pricey, but hey, you're on Maui.

1  Thank Daverasta