“Great ice cream ... that's all!”

Lappert's Ice Cream
Ranked #8 of 26 Dessert in Lahaina
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Ramon, CA.
“Great ice cream ... that's all!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stop here for ice cream on every trip to Lahaina, which for us is at least once a year. I love the variety of flavors and the quality. Nothing fancy for sure, just a take-out place on Front Street, but it's a refreshing stop and I love the waffle cones too.

• Visited December 2010

• Korean first
Danville, California
“KAUAI PIE is the BEST ice cream! I dream about going back to Hawaii just for the beaches & Lapperts!”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

With 4 trips to Hawaii, I have never had a Lapperts ice cream cone, probably thinking, why get ice cream when you can have shave ice on Hawaii? Well, what a big mistake! All that time, I could have had a Lapperts cone filled with Kauai Pie Ice Cream- Kona coffee ice cream with toasted coconut, WHOLE, big macadamia nuts, swirls of gooey fudge!! OH MY, I was in heaven! I could not even decide so I also had the caramel coconut macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom. A single scoop which is pretty large was only $3.60 for a plain cone- cash only- soo worth it. I do not understand how the gooey fudge and caramel stay gooey? My son had Heavenly Hana which is like Rocky Road but with mac nuts and DH had pineapple coconut and my daughter had macadamia nut and they were all very good too but the Kauai Pie is the best and the Caramel coconut is a close 2nd!

I love Berthillions ice cream in Paris, always thought it was the best I have ever had but Lapperts Kauai Pie is my absolute favorite best ice cream ever- just all the chunky Hawaiian treasures in this ice cream, just yummy! Coldstone- please, we have those all over the Bay Area here and they do not come close to Lapperts, average ice cream. Lapperts is just wayyy creamier, richer and you can just taste the aloha! The gal at the counter was really nice too, no probs with the timeshare people either! Ululani's- I thought it was ok, too sweet for me but DH liked it, Jojo's on Kauai is the BEST shave ice but next trip, we're going back to Kauai and I'm going to get a Kauai Pie ice cream cone every day we are there to make up for the times we missed out on Lapperts!

Oh, it's $20 a pint, minimum 6 pints to order the ice cream and ship it to the mainland- $120??? I'll save that and use it towards a flight back to Kauai for some KAUAI PIE- the best!!!!!!

NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, ok ice cream”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The staff was very nice, but the ice cream was nothing special. I would say walk down another 50 feet or so to Ulalani's for some wonderful shave ice and have it with ice cream.

I had the chocolate ice cream and it wasn't very creamy at all, the same could be said for the coffee ice cream.

NY
“Perfect for Ice Cream Monsters like me!”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

this is absolutely delicious ice cream. I'm a total ice cream addict and this is some of the best ice cream I've ever had. The chocolate chip cookie dough has thick chunks of soft delicious dough. Other flavors are just as scrumptious with my wife loving the banana fudge.

1 Thank Aliveguy
Florida
“Don't know what all the hype is about...”
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Don't know what all the hype is about! Everyone is saying that it is the best ice cream, well it's not!! Cold stone is better and that stinks!!