“Tour Lahaina the fun way, on a Segway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Segway Maui

Segway Maui
Ranked #21 of 130 Tours in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Are you new to Maui? A Segway is a great way to discover what to see, what to do, and where to eat on the island! When you join our Segway tour, we show you the best that Maui has to offer - incredible shopping and dining experiences, as well as entertainment and local art galleries. We share the history of Maui, as well as the rest of Hawaii, as you explore the beautiful surroundings. Choose between riding around Lahaina, or a private tour in Wailea and Makena. If you’re an experienced rider, we can show you the spectacular natural side of Maui - challenging your limits while you roll through gorgeous scenery on X-treme Segway tour! For those who want to get out of the city and just enjoy the waterfront, we also offer rides through the ocean parks to Kaanapali.
Franklin, Indiana, United States
“Tour Lahaina the fun way, on a Segway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Phil was our instructor and tour guide and he was extremely patient with us "active seniors". He did a good job telling us about Lahaina and its history. We enjoyed the experience very much. The other instructor, Teresa, was also very kind and helpful..

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

thav1404, Manager at Segway Maui, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. It means a lot for us. Aloha, Segway Maui Team.

Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nice but Not sure it's worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very easy to use and guide was awesome. Free water or munchies at some point would have been nice. Did get to see downtown Lahaina like we'd not have done otherwise - take morning tour as way less tourists to navigate around. Very friendly staff and if you've NEVER done a segway tour do for sure. It's our 4th so perhaps I didn't get as much as others would have out of it. Pics taken during the trip were nice too. Overall pretty good experience.

Visited September 2013
thav1404, Manager at Segway Maui, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry we didn't meet your expectation in 100 percent and deserved five starts rating even if you had a "pretty good experience", met friendly stuff and saw Lahaina as you never saw before with good pictures from your tour as you indicated in your review. Perhaps it was the water we have for sale for $1 from our vending machine which caused minus two stars from your rating otherwise I am not sure what else we should do better.
Aloha,
Mark W.
Thatcher, Arizona
“Fantastic Segway Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had a great time on this tour and Tom was so especially attentive, making sure at all times that we were comfortable and doing well on the Segways.
We can't say enough good things about him and the tour. The segways were easy to learn and really fun to ride.
If we could justify the cost and their use we would buy a couple.
Great experience, thanks Segway Maui and Tom.

Visited August 2013
thav1404, Manager at Segway Maui, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
West Linn, Oregon
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very intersting trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had ridden a segway once before and booked the tour because we liked riding the segway. We go what we wanted, but in addition, we learned a lot about Lahaina that we did not know. We way the budhist temple, the banyan tree, and the prison. The prison was the most interesting to us. We had a great time and our guide Philip did a great job of understanding what we were interested in and provided just that.

Visited August 2013
thav1404, Manager at Segway Maui, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“My Bucket List Dream Come True!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Riding a Segway was always on my bucket list and as soon as I saw that this was an option in Maui, I went for it. Philip was an amazing tour guide. It turned out that there were no other riders at the time I booked, so I had my guide all to myself. He showed me how to ride the segway and we didn't leave for the tour until he was sure I was comfortable. We went all over Front Street and he pointed out vegetation and historical sights. I would definately do this again. The people who run the Maui Segway Tours were so fun, friendly and very accomodating! The only problem I had with the whole thing is that now I want to buy a Segway! Seriously it is one of the most fun things I did while visiting Maui. Thank you for a fabulous time.
Veralin Phillips-Michael