“Miss the old Roy's”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been to the Maui Roy's for a decade and was disappointed to see it moved to the new location. You just can't get enjoy the feel of Hawaii in a restaurant that looks like a Golf Club cafeteria. The food was good like we remembered but the prices were about 80% higher and the portions were smaller. I need an after dinner snack even though I had a salad, appetizer, and desert with my entree. Maybe my memories are unclear but it just isn't what I remembered.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday and it was by far one of the best dining experiences ever, anywhere, for all of us. Each course was exceptional right down to the decadent oozing chocolate souffle dessert. We had varied choices and we "ooohd" "mmmmmd" and "ahhhhd" with each delectible bite. It was our favorite meal in 11 days on Maui. We are pleased to learn there are more Roy's in other states and hope that sometime we may try another. Our new favorite!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just go back from a week in maui. Dined at Roy's twice. Great both times. Service and Food - 5 star both times. If you want the best fish on the island you must dine here. Of course don't forget the chocolate soufflé aka "Lava Cake" it is the best!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I ate here with my wife and son and we were a little disappointed. The meal was decent enough, but the service was slow (even though the dining room wasn't more than half full) and the decor seemed a little tired. I also felt that our server wasn't as familiar with the menu as he should have been. Our table did have a nice view of the golf course. We have eaten at Roy's locations in other cities and this one just didn't compare.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went to this restaurant years ago and loved it. Not as we remembered. There wasn't much "fusion" in the flavors. The sea diver scallops ($42) were cooked to perfection but the corn risotto was not flavorful. It was noisy and service was slow. Many young couples and honeymooners seemed to enjoy the pupu platter and island drinks. Perhaps we were too old for the place.

1  Thank BarbaraP101