“As good as I remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
New York City, New York
“As good as I remember”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have not been to Roy's in years. This time we were with a large group and were seated in an alcove table. The service was attentive. We had a couple of the large boat samplers and two rolls as appetizers. Everyone loved them. I had Mahi for dinner. It was prepared perfectly. I highly recommend eating there.

• Korean first
“Roy's is still great”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth time eating at Roy's in Maui, have also eatin at ther Kauai rest in the past. There menu is great, everything is as expected. If you like fish you'll love it, if you like beef , you'll love it. Dishes are very interesting and fun. Service is top notch, everything in sync. No waiting long waits for dishes as the kitchen is very efficient. Will return more and more. Wish they would reopen in NYC.

Visited April 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Overlooking a golf course and the western part of the island, Roy's is situated to enjoy the sun setting behind the course and hotels, which made for a quiet, beautiful meal.

Professional staff to the 'T', our waiter and bus staff were brief for the most part unless we had questions and let us enjoy all the courses, coming by just once per course to ensure all was to our satisfaction.

We started off with the crab and shrimp Gyoza, by far the most over priced of all the courses and with 2 of us, they gave 5 pieces; would have thought a personal touch would have been 6 with the price. Tasted great and a delicious start to an amazing tasting meal.

Next up was a pear and bleu cheese salad with walnuts. This will be the last time I harp on the price, but for what little was there, it should have been part of the meal and not extra.

My wife had the surf and turf with an 8 oz steak which she has dubbed was the best ever. After questioning, she swears it truly was. Simmered in a thicker au jus, it was cooked a tender medium and full of juice and flavor. 5 large shrimp accompanied it bathed in a then butter sauce that brought out the great flavor.

I had the shrimp, which was the same as above but twice as much and over a fantastic curry and purple potato mix, with small pineapple pieces that was flat out amazing. Hands down worth the cost and then some.

For desert my wife got a trio of triffles; chocolate, hazelnut and lemon with sliced fruit. The lemon one alone was worth the price; so flavorful and rich and added with a strawberry was the perfect ending to her meal. I had a s'more that will make anything I ever make pale in comparison on any account. About the size of a croissant; it had baked marshmallow on top with chocolate, banana and peanut butter cooked inside a thin gram cracker crust and served with a shot glass of milk. Simply sensational and left a great taste as we walked back to out hotel.

Bill was $140 after tax; as this was expected we skimped on the nights prior and worked up an appetite and was a great pampered night out.

Woodinville, Washington
“Consistently good”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have eaten at Roy's several times on different islands. Our daughter fell in love with it when she was 5 because they give you a 4-5 course kids meal. Now she's 12 and will usually pick Roy's when asked where she wants to eat in Hawaii.

On this trip we started with the ribs, outstanding, and spicy tuna roll, very good. My wife ordered the butter fish which is he standby entree and it was tasty as always. I ordered he Szechuan Ono which was good but not great.

For dessert my wife had the pineapple upside down cake (takes 20 minutes to prepare) which she really enjoyed. Our daughter had the Hawaiian s'more with chocolate, peanut butter, banana in a puff pastry smothered with warm gooey marshmallow. Very delicious.

The staff is friendly and attentive and the location is better than their old spot in Kahana.

Calgary, Canada
“Sumptuous Fare”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

High-end dining that is at once designed for the sophisticated palate yet also family friendly. The appetizers are to die for, the wine selection extensive, and main seafood dishes, in particular, are among the best on the island.

Visited April 2013