“New location still amazing cuisine”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 265 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Michigan
“New location still amazing cuisine”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last time we were here it was located up the road a bit in Kahana. The view has slightly increased ( parking lot in shopping center to golf course) but the food is what we come for! Impeccable service and amazing cuisine. Simply flawless from start to amazing chocolate soufflé ending. Thank you again for an great end to a great vacation.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Wailea, Hawaii
“Love the new location!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The new location is so much better than the old Kahana location; overlooking the first tee of Kaanapali's North Course. Really loved that Roy's has a vegetarian/vegan menu as well as the standard fare.

• Visited March 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a wonderful birthday dinner for my wife at Roy's. The service is very attentive and the food wonderful. They made my wife's birthday special by having a little decorations on the table and giving us an appetizer and little special dessert. Yes, it is a bit expensive, but every aspect from Mai Tai's, starters, service and food is wonderful. Like most of the Roy's i.e. Big Island and Mainland location is not particularly special, but the chocolate souffle will make up for it :)

Visited March 2013
calgary
“Excellent food and great service.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the privilege of dining at Roy's on my recent trip to Maui with my family. At first, my reaction was that if was extremely loud. The lounge is not separated from the dining room making it pretty noisy. This was soon forgotten about as we indulged in some of the best food I had on our whole trip. It just so happened to be my birthday this evening as well, and I received a free dumpling appetizer as well as a free dessert....both were yummy. All four of us loved everything we ate... Roy's is definitely a place to try wherever there is a location near you. I will definitely be back to the next one I'm near.

Whitby, Canada
“A wonderful last supper of sorts!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had our last Hawaiin meal at Roys evening of our departure and were so glad we did. Yes it is pricey but at the end of the day we all felt it was the best meal we had had . Appetizers were delicious a wonderful tomato bisque, salads, etc . I had a wonderful butterfish with sushi that was delicious, my husband had braised short ribs also very good, dragon sushi . The dessert was amazine chocolate souffle so yummy. Our friends who are foodies had the fixed menu with wine pairing and were very impressed!! WE totally recommend this place for fine dining.

• Visited February 2013