“no longer exists, has moved to Kaanapali”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 275 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Roy's has moved so most tourist pamphlets are misleading. Now well situated off main highway in Kaanapali. Food continues to be great as are drinks. Service terrific. ambience good too. Great for lunch after golf at nearby Kaanapali course.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have eaten at Roys in a few other places (Las Vegas, Scottsdale- unfortunately now closed, and at the old Maui location) Why- because they have good food! It's reliable, delicious and not ridiculously overpriced.
This new location is way better, but the ambiance could use a little help, it feels a little like a restaurant in a golf clubhouse. However, we had a really nice waiter, the hostess was lovely and we had a great meal. Both my son and I had the multi course special- delicious. I had mine with the wine pairing- seemed like a great value. We will be back.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We opted to have dinner here because we received coupons on our flight in from Anchorage. We then promptly forgot the coupons in the condo. The dinner was very well done and we loved that the childrens menu also came in courses! The shrimp were a little over cooked for our tastes but they were seasoned nicely. The chocolate souffle was a perfect end to a nice dinner with friends.

2  Thank Akkitten
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our "special" place to celebrate our anniversary -- we have celebrated other anniversaries at Roy's. This one did not disappoint. The food was excellent and creative. They provided a complimentary sushi appetizer for our special occasion. A nice touch was that they also had our table decorated with streamers when we arrived. Sunset was a wonderful time to be there. I had habachi salmon and my husband had mahi -- everything was fresh and delicious. The onion soup was one of the best I have ever tasted -- wish I were there right now to order more. Coffee was excellent. Roy's has very good mai tai's. Service was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at Roy's in Kahana (as well as Poipu) every year for the last eight years. We like the new location better as it seemed quieter to us than the old location and there is a much nicer view. This was our third visit to the new location. My wife and I shared the crabcake appetizer which was wonderful as always. I had the wedge salad and my wife had the pear salad. For the main course I had the ono and my wife had the misoyaki butterfish, which is her favorite fish dish anywhere. We finished it with the chocolate soufflé dessert.

Everything we had was excellent and the service was also very good.