“Now open for lunch! but no chocolate soufflé :(”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Back in Maui and looking forward to another meal or two at Roy's. surprised to see they moved to a new location at the entrance to Ka'anapali gateway, actually attached to the golf pro shop. We are very happy that they are now open for lunch, but sadly not the same menu as at dinner. My husband requested the Misoyaki Butterfish (not on lunch menu) and they made it for him. Yay!!! Service at lunch was excellent, though a little less formal than at dinner. The reason this review is not getting 5 stars is because they do not serve their famous chocolate soufflé at lunch. I was so disappointed I could have cried. Otherwise, our meal was great and we will be back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Roy's (named after Roy Yamaguchi, a famous Japanese chef that does amazing Asian fusion) has a restaurant located at the Ka'anapali Golf Course clubhouse. A family friend that tended bar there invited us to check it out when we were in Maui. The dinner we had there was the best seafood I have had in my entire life. I was able to locate it online after our trip but not without a certain amount of difficulty. It may be because of a recent relocation to Kaanapali, or it may be just a well kept secret. Either way, this restaurant is amazing.

My wife and I had a several course meal that had been paired with a flight of wines when we went. Every dish was amazing but there was one dish, I think it was some Opa(?) that was done in a sauce that I could only describe as having hints of burnt marshmallow in it, was out of this world. The wines were excellent and paired very well. We will be back next time in Maui.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The second night of our Maui trip, we wanted to stay close to the condo we were staying in, and as we passed Roy's, I suggested to my husband that we stop there since it was highly rated by one of the travel guides I had read. He was reluctant; during our previous visit to Maui, he had taken our grandsons to the restaurant and was disappointed. Good thing we stopped! As it turned out, the restaurant he had eaten in had been replaced by Roy's. We had such a delightful dinner, we returned for dinner 2 more times. So, 5 nights in this part of Maui, and we ate dinner at Roy's 5 times. Each meal was a delight - and that's saying something for us because we are real foodies! The wine selection was superb and nicely priced, the shrimp and sausage appetizer was the best appetizer I have ever enjoyed, and the chocolate souffle was unbelievably good. We learned our lesson the first night and saved room for the souffle the second and third nights. We also bought the cookbook. Amazingly enough, the souffle has the fewest ingredients of any of the recipes. Going to Maui? Eat at Roy's at least once. We don't think you will regret it!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Each time we come to Maui, we have dinner at Roys. This time we celebrated my wife's birthday. They placed streamers on the table and provided a small appetizer (sample) and dessert. The dinner was very good. The menu changes daily. Our server was very attentive and was well informed on the menu choices. Several people stopped by to check if things were OK. I think onew a s the chef, but I'm not sure. We have never had a bad experience at the Roys here, on Kaui or in Chicago. We will keep coming back each time we visit Hawaii.

This Roys recently moved. They are now in Ka' anapali overlooking the golf course. A better viewthan the previous location.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is our fourth time at Roy's on Maui, but the first time at their new location. The food was superb, as usual, but the new restaurant is not quite the eye catcher even though the location is better. Service is great there and that means a lot to me.
So food great, really great, tom sphere not so great. We were at a two top that was just way too close to the tables next to us. The women's bathroom was so small that we had to make sure the entry door didn't hit us in the back as we waited for a stall to empty.