“A Must-Do!”

Maui Surfer Girls
Ranked #1 of 139 Tours in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maui Surfer Girls offers the best surf lessons and surf camps on Maui. Our surf school caters to small groups, families and newlyweds, with small class sizes and professional instructors (most of whom are female!) We started in 2001 with our summer surf camps for teenage girls, with a mission to build self-confidence through the sport of surfing. We quickly branched out to offer year-round surf lesson to men and women, and kids starting at age 5! Our teen camps have grown to be extremely popular, and in 2017 we are excited to be offering our women's camps year-round. Please check out website for upcoming camp dates. We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Sharky and Meryl who gave our family a great lesson! We all had a great time and everyone caught several waves. The instructors took the time to really help each of us individually. Our family is now hooked. Our 15 and 13 years old boys both learned to catch waves on their own. My ten year old daughter rode in a head stand and she and I rode a wave tandem. My wife also had more great rides than she could count. All in all, a great day! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our entire experience with MSG was top notch! From the smooth registration to the contact with Dustin before our lesson, the whole process was smooth and easy. But the real reason to book MSG is for the personalized attention - and that is what we experienced when Sharky taught our 13 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter to surf. He could not have been more accommodating, spending individualized time with each of them and catering to their skill level. But, even better, Sharky shared a love for the ocean and surfing that I'm sure will last beyond the lessons. Way to go Maui Surfer Girls! We will highly recommend you to anyone interested in learning how to surf and learn about the real Hawaii spirit!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I spoke with Dustin several times about lessons. She suggested a semi-private lesson because I have 3 daughters. They had a great time on July 5th. My wife decided to also join the lesson. My 10 year old got up the first time and everyone in our group got up on the surfboard. Way to go Sharky.