“Great Day!”
Review of Maui Surfer Girls

Maui Surfer Girls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maui Surfer Girls offers the best surf lessons and surf camps on Maui. Our surf school caters to small groups, families and newlyweds, with small class sizes and professional instructors (most of whom are female!) We started in 2001 with our summer surf camps for teenage girls, with a mission to build self-confidence through the sport of surfing. We quickly branched out to offer year-round surf lesson to men and women, and kids starting at age 5! Our teen camps have grown to be extremely popular, and in 2017 we are excited to be offering our women's camps year-round. Please check out website for upcoming camp dates. We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a great lesson!! Our instructor Gaby was very knowledgable and safey conscious. Unfortunately that day at Mile Marker 19 the waves did'nt seem to be coming in great numbers so after our on beach instruction and once we got onto the water each member of our foursome only got 3 attempts each. Fortunately all 4 of us got up and stayed up for varying amounts of time. All in all it was a great first time experience. We will definately go back next time we are in Maui. I would post some photos but I lost my waterproof camera on my first paddle out!!

Visited July 2012

Westchester, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My 8 year old Daughter went for a lesson while we vacationed in Maui, my wife and I didn't expect much for it being her first time and all but it turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation. Jedi was great, had my Daughter up and surfing in a 1/2 hr. She got up on her own quite a few times and rode the waves all the way in, it was amazing to watch. No pressure either my Daughter was able to surf for quite awhile, Jedi told when your ready to stop let him know, she surfed for almost 2 hrs. Money well spent and a great experience, will definitely be seeing them more the next time in Hawaii.

Dallas, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“great experience!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Dustin was such a great instructor! She went over everything in a short period of time in order for us to get the full two hours of surfing with her and my boyfriend and I both got up on our first try! So cool! Dustin made us feel very comfortable and she really knew her stuff! I am so glad we booked with MSG, I had called many other surf stores for lessons, but i am so glad I booked with these girls!

Home
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“prepare to have a blast”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

booked a private lesson with dustin to show my girlfriend how to surf.... absolutely amazing, dustin is totally energetic and completely motivating, she had my girlfriend up and riding waves on her first pass. Highly recommend maui surf girls and dustin

Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Maui Surf Girl Instructor Kelly Rocks!! Our Maui Highlight!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had an amazing surf experience with surf instructor, Kelly. As beginners we were a little anxious and the waves were big (to us). Kelly immediately put us at ease with her positive, friendly attitude and her detailed encouraging teaching style. A testament to Kelly's teaching skills, we both stood up and felt like real surfer girls. Our lesson with Kelly was the highlight of our entire Maui trip! Maui Surf Girls is so fortunate to have such a thoughtful, knowledgeable and dedicated surf instructor. With so many Maui surf schools, we know we choose the right one! Spreading the word and taking our new skills to the beaches of California.

Thanks,