“Yummy, and turtles nearby” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ma'la - An Ocean Tavern

Ma'la - An Ocean Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ma'la - An Ocean Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kapunakea
Description: we sit on the waters edge at Mala Wharf serving Mediterranean and Asian Cuisine
Agoura, California
“Yummy, and turtles nearby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stopped for lunch, to avoid the crowds. The food is wonderful. There are also a dozen sea turtles that frequent the beach just outside the restaurant. Hush....don't tell anyone our secret restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephen O

• Polish first
“Ma La's A Must Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Ma La's was one of many wonderful experiences while in Lahaina. We knew we wanted to stop in and casually ran in to it about lunch time. We must of had the luckiest lunch day because we got the most amazing table and beat the lunch crowd. We were actually on our way to another restaurant but wanted to drop in for a quick appetizer and mi ti drink. They truly had the most amazing drinks and food. We loved it so much we wanted to come back the next night for dinner and did where it only got better! Just note, try and make a reservation in advance because this place is humming and you may just have to wait awhile if you just drop in, There is seating/dining at the bar and that works nicely too. The plus to that is you get to have there amazing bar staff right there. They are awesome. The service is wonderful and I can't wait to come back next year again for lunch and dinner!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Penny H
Chicago, Illinois
“Super fish and what a location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

You will think it is dump from the outside but love the inside and who eats outside the restaurant anyway. I recommend this if you are in Lahaina

Visited July 2014
1 Thank robert g
Great Falls, Virginia, United States
“Great food and great sunsets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ma'la's was recommended to us by a local photographer (No Ka Oi Surf Photography with Maui Wave Riders). We wanted a good restaurant where the locals eat. We arrived to find the restaurant directly on the water with a small park along the ocean front which afforded great sunset views! The menu was very interesting and the staff made us feel welcome. They gave our kids fun magnetic tropical fish too. We had a great time and would definitely go back. I recommend calling a couple of days ahead for reservations for sunset. The restaurant is small and the number of tables directly overlooking the ocean is few. Don't despair since most of the tables get a nice view and one can pop out side for an unobstructed view.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Philip H
Maui, Hawaii
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I saw this restaurant on the Maui info channel. It looked and sounded like a nice place to try. We went to dinner early to avoid the rush at dinner time / 4pm. We walked in and were greeted nicely. Then our male waiter came over to seat us. He kinda looked us up and down and spoke condescendingly to us. We are on vacation so all we cared about was relaxing and enjoying Maui. We ordered drinks that came out quick and were fantastic. My wife convinced me to order a nice meal instead my usual. I took her advice and ordered the $45.00 dollar seafood special. When my meal arrived it was in a small bowl and had so little seafood I could barely find what was suppose to be in it. One shrimp, 5 quarter sized clams, 2 scallops, 1 tsp of crab. The red sauce was the worst tasting sauce I have ever had. The reviews on this place seem good but I was extremely unhappy. So far it's my worst Maui eating experience. Don't believe everything you read..

• Visited July 2014