“Great options for non seafood eaters”

Mala - Ocean Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Mala - Ocean Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 268 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kapunakea
Description: In 2004 Mark and Judy opened Mala Ocean Tavern, along with their daughters, Ariana and Michelle, a small oceanside tavern serving Mediterranean and Pacific Rim, with some Latino flavored dishes. With their partner Shep Gordon, Mala Wailea was created for the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, which opened in 2008 and sold in 2016.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

One problem around Lahaina is that it can be hard to find good food that is not seafood. We both had a non seafood dish and loved it. My partner had Asian fried chicken and it was amazing! Portion sizes are big so be warned. A great spot to watch the sunset if you can get a table at 6. Service was excellent!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A great lunch sitting right over the water in the hot hot sun..... Ahhhh Maui how I miss you! The food was good and fast, drinks with crystallized hibiscus flower in the glass was fun and delicious, good value for the money. I wouldn't second guess going here for a beautiful casual meal!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for an early supper. Sun is still blazing but they have blinds they out out - would be better for lunch or later supper, but with a toddler, a late supper no longer happens. Service was excellent, prompt and professional yet not annoying. We ordered a beet and goat cheese salad, cucumber salad and spicy sugar snap peas, and fish sandwich: all very tasty. In the rush to get there, I forgot my wallet, but the mgr was completely understanding. I asked if I could call in with my credit card and they were fine with it, didn't even bother to take my details down, said I looked honest. That sort of service is rare and appreciated. Their sister restaurant next door is also worth checking out.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by an 11 year resident of Maui. She recommended the Sunday brunch and so that's what we did. Great little seaside view. My oyster omelette was pretty good and I enjoyed the hibiscus mimosa. The overall service was just average. Our waitress was not very attentive and we had to ask for water, butter and jelly! They may have just had a bad day, but that bad day made us decide we would not go back.

1  Thank Nene43
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this restaurant by people we met at our resort. We couldn't get a table outside before the sunset but it's a small, open restaurant and we could see the ocean from the bar. The view was beautiful! The food was good and they had a great vegetarian selection. I would suggest trying to get a reservation a few days prior for about an hour before sunset and spend time visiting Old Lahaina before or after your dinner!