When we first booked at the Ho'oilo House for the splurge of our honeymoon we were so excited and had tonnes of anticipation for our few days. Sadly our visit was anything but what we had hoped. I love ambiance and unique architecture, so looking at the Ho'oilo house really peaked my interest. I will say it was beautiful, but mood and ambiance only go so far. Our first impression of the place was that it was dirty and some of the items in the rooms needed to be updated. We are not picky people and have travelled abroad, so small inconveniences are usually not a problem, but there were so many at the Ho'oilo house it ruined our stay. The first day my wife was lying on the bed and a baby cockroach crawled across right next to her! We had already stayed in upcountry Maui in an open air B&B and never had anything like this, so we were quite surprised. We decided not to mention this incident right away, as this was Hawaii after all and some bugs have to be expected, but things from there only got worse. My wife was often visited by these small cockroaches, and killed many more in our two days there. The culmination of our disappointment was one evening when we were going for a nice romantic bath together only to find 3 cockroaches scurrying around, definitely a mood killer!
Dan resolved our cockroach issue promptly and offered us a new room for that evening, which was appreciated. All in all we were very happy to leave the Ho'oilo house! By far our worst and most expensive stay on the island. We will not be coming back, and also would not recommend it. A big let down for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the West Maui Mountains, this quiet, private Bed & Breakfast offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and islands surrounding Maui. Located on the popular west side of the island, you will be just minutes from the historic whaling town of Lahaina and the Kaanapali resort area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ho'oilo House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ho`Oilo House Hotel Lahaina
- Ho'Oilo House Maui/Lahaina