My husband and I spent 4 nights in the Nalu room of Ho'olio House in February. We had a little trouble finding the house as there are no identifying signs on the property and the picture on the website is of the backside. Since we had Dan's phone number, we called for directions and he met us in the front. Once there, we settled into the Nalu room. It has a nice (though distant) view of the ocean and the island of Lanai from the private porch, although since it faced west, it was in direct sunlight in the late afternoon when we were most likely to use it. The room layout was odd. The bed was against the wall so that my husband had to crawl over me if he had to get up during the night, and the reading lights weren't in a useable position. After turning off the bedroom light, I had to wander through the dark to find the (comfortable) bed. The bathroom has no door separating it from the bedroom, so there is no privacy. The room was clean, but not pristine. The outdoor shower was terrific! Plenty of water pressure and just a great experience. Breakfast hours were very limited, so we were only able to enjoy it one morning out of four because snorkeling, the Road to Hana, and our flight out required that we leave the B&B before breakfast was served. Dan and Amy were nice, but not particularly engaging, and didn't offer us an alternative or suggestion for breakfast when we told them of the conflict. We did love the peace and quiet of the location, about 3 or 4 miles from the town of Lahaina. Overall, we would recommend the Ho'olio House over most big hotels, but don't expect perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the West Maui Mountains, this quiet, private Bed & Breakfast offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and islands surrounding Maui. Located on the popular west side of the island, you will be just minutes from the historic whaling town of Lahaina and the Kaanapali resort area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Ho'oilo House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ho`Oilo House Hotel Lahaina
- Ho'Oilo House Maui/Lahaina