“don't miss this”

Warren & Annabelle's Magic
Ranked #2 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I read some mixed reviews about Warren and Annabelle's. BUT, my husband and I both loved it. Yes ,the Annabelle part was hokey.,but the Warren part more than made up for it. What a pleasure to be entertained without any profanity or blue humor. The tricks still have me wondering. Much more impressive magic than those big glitzy magic shows. My only complaint was that during the Annabelle part only one woman sang. My understanding was that more of the waiters and waitresses also sang. I kept waiting for them to break out into song. We did not buy a food pkg, and simply ordered a glass of wine. We were treated just as well as those that ordered the pkg. Our time at Warren and Anabelle's was one of our Maui highlights.

2  Thank darly

Reviewed April 2, 2007

My friend and I decided to have a girls night out and thought what better than to go to a magic show. We went into it thinking it was probably going to be silly but who cares, we were getting out of the house!

When we got there they asked if we wanted to be seated at the bar or on some couches. We opted for the bar and were glad we picked it. We ended up pretty much ignoring the "annabelle act" they put on because the bartender was so entertaining! The food and drinks were great, especially the apple pie with ice cream... yum!

After filling our bellies we headed into the theatre (drinks in hand) and took our seats. Be prepared, it is freezing in there so bring a sweater. The act was great, we were laughing histerically the whole time. They pick couples to sit in the hot seats and they will poke fun at you but nothing was offensive or rude.

All and all we had a great night and I would definately reccommend this show to friends! Oh and bring your cameras they let you take all the pictures you want (they will even let you record the show)!

2  Thank TravelingKJW
Reviewed March 15, 2007

January 2001
Sieverts, Brooklyn Park, MN

We loved this show. They are such genuine people. We still talk about it and tell all our friends that plan to travel to Hawaii. What a great magician and entertainer! Warren is a retired police officer, very talented. Thank you so much for adding to our priceless vacation to Maui.

Reviewed March 8, 2007

this was sooooooo much fun. my husband and i were reluctant at first because warren was on vacation but i wanted to go since i had heard so many good reviews. we were not dissapointed. we got chosen to sit in the very front and help assist, it was sooooo much fun. the comedy almost had me peeing my pants and the magic was great also. very good show, i would recommend to everyone, this was a great evening.

1  Thank lovetotravelOhio
Reviewed March 4, 2007

This was by far the worst live performance I have ever seen. Warren was on vacation, and his replacement (Kerry) was horrendous. From what I hear, though, Kerry's talent level and repertoire is right on par with Warren's.

My girlfriend and I decided to go to the show because of the great reviews that we read in the "Maui Revealed" guidebook. The glowing reviews were completely misleading. The tricks performed were extremely unimpressive; similar to something you might see performed by a magician at a birthday party for a First Grader. Also, the comedy portion of the act made up about 70% of the entire act - far greater than what we had anticipated. At first, the comedy was funny, as Kerry created insulting nicknames for some unlucky patrons sitting in the first and second rows. When he first called the young-looking 32-year-old in the front row "Doogie Howser," I laughed. But 15 times later, it was not funny anymore.

Instead of seeing several magic tricks with a little bit of fluff/comedy in between, there were only about four major tricks. Most of the show was based around the stupid, insulting humor that quickly grew old. Not to mention the fact that the tricks were horribly unimpressive.

The icing on the cake was when Kerry messed up the final trick and made himself look even worse by admitting that he had to cheat (by glancing at the "hidden" number that a man had written down). Unfortunately, he admitted that he couldn't even cheat well enough to get the trick right. He had misread the "hidden" number. But please don't misconstrue this as the reason that I disliked the show. Even if he had nailed this trick, this still would have been a horrible show. Do not waste your time or money (approx. $50) to be horribly disappointed.

Also, I forgot to mention that the unique entrance to the theater and the ghost piano player (both raved about in "Maui Revealed") are nothing close to impressive.

I called the manager the next day and conveyed our disappointment with the show, asking for our money back, but to no avail.

Please do not waste your time/money with this show. You will absolutely regret it.

10  Thank warren_annabelles_NO