“Worth seeing”

Ulalena Show at Maui Theatre
Ranked #4 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 'Ulalena is a world-renowned Hawaiian theatre production dedicated to telling the story of Hawaii's people. The critically acclaimed stage show outlines the islands’ creation, transformation and rebirth by integrating ancient Hawaiian history with state-of-the-art theater technology, and stunning music, chant, dance and acrobatics. 'Ulalena speaks to the imagination and inspires the human spirit to keep the Hawaiian culture alive. An invaluable cultural experience and a must-do on Maui!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Santa Ynez, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good for those interested in culture and theatre. Some amazing voices. My kids thought it was slow at times but I loved it. I have seen it twice and that's a good limit..unless I was taking someone new, however I have the cd and love the music! It's a definite experience

Visited June 2012

Winnipeg, Manitoba
“A Lu'au Redefined”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Upon entering the theatre it seems somewhat modest but it hides technology and a production worthy of a long-running Vegas show. The innovative use of aerials, projectors, fabric and some basic props make the show a visual delight. The talented musicians and the high-tech sound system provides a superior audio experience as well.

The plot is the history of the islands told through music and dance. The story is told with skill and passion as well as humour. 'Ulalena is NOT your basic lu'au. In the 13th year of its run it remains a moving and very enjoyable production of the highest calibre.

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Show!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this show only because we won a free ticket by attending a introductory breakfast by Expedia at Lahaina Shores. Wow, am I glad we did! We ended up purchasing the other ticket and getting the dinner/show package where we ended up eating dinner after the performance at the Mai Tai lounge.(there were other restaurants including Ruth Chris's Steakhouse to choose from) Be aware that the dinner comes with a different menu for theater go-ers but included a drink and dessert and was very good.The show as fantastic, performers were outstanding in a sort of Circ De soliel type of performance.Well worth the price of admission. Looking for a different activity on Maui then this is a good take. We had passed on this a couple of other times while in Lahaina but I am glad we finally decided to attend. Highly Recommend!

Visited February 2012
Idaho
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very entertaining”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

A must see. A wonderful show put on by very talented artists. The price is very affordable and the seating good. The orchestra was incredible, just 2 men playing multiple instruments, such talent. Gives the audience a great understanding of ancient Hawaii.

Durham, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I I took my 70+ year old parents to this show--dinner beforehand--and all of us were blown away. My dad enjoyed the history and the costumes and the special effects. My mother enjoyed the dancing and chanting and the props. I enjoyed it all. We booked via the kiosk on Front Street and walked up--we booked the dinner package at the Lahaina Prime Rib and Fish company. There was a non-advertised senior discount that took the price of the dinner package down to about $80 for both Mom and Dad. This is a steal!! We got preferred seating in the first 8 rows, and those who had the premium seats were invited to stay after the show to meet and speak with the performers--see a demonstration of the theater's cpacity, speak with some of the musicians. The performers were tremendous--funny and personable and informative and so friendly--it was a very nice cap to a wonderful evening. The theater will stamp your parking ticket for 4 hours in the paid public lot behind the theater. The performance, costumes, props, story, singing changting, dancing, energy and emotion in the performance, the live music, the acrobatics, the arc of the stroy--just magical.

Visited January 2013