“Love the coffee, love the place!”

Hawaiian Village Coffee
Ranked #5 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Parker, Colorado
“Love the coffee, love the place!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great off the beaten path coffee shop with great coffee, great staff & atmosphere. Everyone is friendly & attentive.. Well worth the trip! They also have pastries & scones..but we didn't try them yet!

• Visited May 2012

Boulder, Colorado
“Java Junkie Heaven”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm a java junkie, which means I can't go a day without a coffee fix. So when staying in Lahaina, I went on a pilgrimage for decent coffee. Starbucks isn't on every street corner like in my home town of Boulder, CO--great news for Starbucks haters. It took several attempts before I found a decent cup, but, once I did, it was well worth the wait. What I discovered was Hawaiian Village Coffee. Their java is rich, smooth, not bitter, and served in the time it takes you to say "lickety-split." I'm fairly certain their baristas are magicians.

If amazing coffee isn't enough, they serve delectable, healthy, mostly homemade treats. I'm now officially addicted to their energy balls: macadamia-coconut snacks packed with nutritional goodness. Lunch items include a hummus-chard wrap, a quinoa kale salad, and pastrami on rye and turkey provolone sandwiches.

The little shop is decorated with vintage Hawaiian art, including a Don Ho poster or two. You can also buy vintage postcards and other unique gifts for the people back home experiencing Maui envy.

The only downside is its location in a small mall with a view of a parking lot. And one day when we went for an afternoon pick-me-up, we discovered a dark, locked store at 2:45 pm. (Their closing time was posted as 6:00 pm.) We knocked and a woman came to the door and said, "We're closed" with no explanation. We concluded they stay open until 6:00 pm unless the surf's up. Can't really blame them.

• Visited February 2013
Bremerton, Washington
“Great coffee”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We are from the # 1 coffee consuming county in America and the coffee here is great. Friendly staff, super fresh and locally grown and produced food and terrific coffee.

• Visited January 2013
Calgary
“Delicious mocha, friendly staff”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed two delicious mochas yesterday at Hawaiian Village Coffee. They weren't too sweet, they were the right temperature and I thought they were a good value.
Also, the barista was very friendly and the store had a broad selection of coffee that you could buy and take back to your condo.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Tasty!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We met up with some friends here and had a great time! The cinnamon buns were very tasty, and my chai latte was great. The place had was cozy and the staff were very friendly.

Visited December 2012