“The Best of the best”
Review of Trilogy Excursions

Trilogy Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Sea Activity on Maui! Snorkeling, Sailing, Whale watches, Dinner Sails, Private charters, and most notably their "Discover Lana'i" excursion. Trilogy Excursions is a family-owned and operated sailing company established in 1973 by the Coon Family! They operate on both Maui and Lana'i and lead the industry in environmental stewardship, setting safety standards, and Hawaiian hospitality. They are committed to sustainable tourism and undergo an extensive certification process every two years to remain a certified eco-tour operator. They depart out of Ma'alaea Harbor, Lahaina Harbor, Ka'anapali Beach, and Manele Harbor (Lana'i).
Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a great day all 5 of us had on the Trilogy "Discouver Lanai" tour!!! Our son, and girlfriend who live on Maui, our daughter, and my wife and I couldn't have asked for anything more. We were basically pampered the entire day. There was plenty to do, and the great part was we had choices on what we wanted to do. All of the equipment was first class, the food was awesome, and the crew was second to none under Captain Brian (Turtle), and Captain Jill, Mahalo to all of you!!! Without doubt we would do this again, even our 2 Islanders said it was the best they had experienced in their 5 years on Maui. I'm marking "Family with Teens", although our kids were in their mid twenties...and still it was a memorble family experience! Aloha

Write a ReviewReviews (6,467)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"crew members"
in 233 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I (both in our 60's) were first timers and a little apprehensive, but Carrie immediately made us comfortable and kept a close eye on us. She made sure that our equipment fit properly and monitored our progress while in the water. The food and service on board provided by Carrie and Michael was very good as well. Yummy cinnamon rolls, salsa with chips, and teriyaki chicken. Our captain, Kevin provided area information and a perfect sail back to the beach.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cursillo friend of mine told me to take my daughter and grandkids on s sailing trip from Lahaina to Lanai. She had done so thirty years ago on an excursion run by the Coon family - and treasured its memory still.
My daughter booked such a trip for July 25, 2013. At 6:15 am we were greeted by young Capt. Riley (26?) on a Trilogy tour from Lahaina to Lanai. We were grandpa (me), my daughter, 10 year old brother and sister twins, and 7 year old Adam. Captain Riley turned out to be carrying on the Coon family enterprise in the generous spirit of his forebears and insured one of the happiest experiences in our lives - esp the snorkel experience where I caught my little guy singing to the fish he was watching. What a happy sound floated out of his snorkel tube.
Great crew too - especially our first mate and hostess Bailey!
Trip was best part of our summer.
Sending another daughter and family their way soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This trip was incredible. We did the Molokini snorkel cruise. Turtle town was awesome! We swam with turtles and saw some great coral. Molokini was an absolutely highlight of our two week trip to Maui and Kauai. As Captain Pat said, "This was epic!" Great food, great crew, great boat. Definitely worth every penny!

1  Thank PearlieGirl
See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went on the Molkini Snorkel tour with our 13 yr old daughter. We had a fantastic time. Capt Marvin and his crew Frank, Mike and Ben were absolutely awesome. They were all about taking care of the passengers and very attentive. The snorkeling was fun. We did see see turtles at the second spot. The early morning cinnamon buns and fruit were yummy. The chicken and salad for lunch was delicious!! The water was very rough a few passengers had sea sickness. So if you get sea sick I would strongly recommend taking something before you get on the boat. However, the crew was right there with ginger ale for anybody that needed it. Would definitely recommend.