Review Highlights
Best Snorkling Trip Ever

This was awesome. Not only was the snorkeling fantastic; they served an excellent meal plus the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
GWKMinneapolis
Minneapolis
Best ever!

I have probably been on excursions with Trilogy a dozen times. Every single time is a pleasure... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
wildernikki
New York City, New York
via mobile

6,802 results
All reviews cinnamon rolls captain kevin discover lanai van tour kaanapali snorkel day trip salad fish chips and salsa bbq chicken wraps ice cream sundae whale watching sunset cruise fresh fruit lanai tour crew members
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I, plus our kids ages 6 and 12, did the Ka'anapali snorkel tour. It was a wonderful experience! I can't say enough good things about it. The crew, Capt. Kevin, Nick, Katie and Carrie were top notch. Very friendly and made us feel like family from the moment we stepped on the boat. They all made a point to learn everyone's names, which made the experience so personable.

We were served fruit, juices, and delicious cinnamon rolls on the way to the snorkel site. After snorkeling, we had a delicious lunch with teriyaki chicken, corn on the cob, salad, bread and various drink choices. We were also served some ice cream on the way back.

The equipment was in great condition. We got to snorkel at two different places then sailed out towards Molokai before heading back to shore. It was so peaceful just being on the water and enjoying the beautiful islands around us!

We all loved it! My 12 year old did snuba with Nick, and he had a blast!! Nick is a great instructor! My 6 year old loved just swimming in the water!! It really is a wonderful experience, and I would not hesitate to book any of their other trips the next time I'm in Maui.

Mahalo!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed this trip. We were very well taken care of from the moment we showed up on the beach for the trip. Once on board we were served hot coffee, fruit, juice, and cinnamon rolls. Everything was explained very well, safe, and the equipment was first class. The crew (Capt Kevin, Byron, Carrie, and Katie) were very friendly and interesting to talk to with knowledge on the islands, surfing, sailing, and scuba. After snorkeling we had lunch and it was excellent. There was plenty of food and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. We really had a great time and when we do this again it will definitely be with Trilogy.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We did The Original Discover Lanai tour that leaves at 10AM from the Lahaina Harbor. It was a great day. Captain Brian and his crew were excellent and made sure you were taken care of all day. There was a constant stream of tasty food and beverages delivered to you on board the boat. It started with cinnamon rolls and fruit juice and then a variety of delicious wrap sandwiches before you arrive at Lanai. The BBQ dinner in the pavillion before you depart Lanai was excellent. On the way back, they brought around ice cream. You were also offered one free beer or Mai Tai on the return trip (others available for purchase). You will not go hungry on this excursion! The boat ride to & from Lanai was beautiful although my kids (12 & 15) thought it was a little long. My husband felt a little sea sick, but I took ginger pills before getting on board and had no issues. The crew also puts lots of ginger in the salad at the BBQ, which I'm sure also helped the return trip. Snorkeling at the beach on lanai is perfect for first-time or inexperienced snorkelers. The equipment was very good and the crew did a great job of showing everyone how to use it. Safety was obviously important and everyone was required to have a flotation belt or a thin life vest to snorkel. Someone from the crew was also in the water on a boogie board in case you had any questions, problems, or wanted a family picture taken. There were lots of fish to see and the coral was deep enough that I did not worry about getting too close & getting cut (that happened to me once on a snorkel trip and was very painful). We did choose ot take the bus tour around the island of Lanai. The "aunties" that do the tour are very friendly and knowledgable & the buses are air-conditioned. Our auntie had lived on Lanai her entire life. There isn't a lot to see on the island, but it was nice to hear about their way of life and see the island. It takes about 1.5 hours and they do stop at a store that has souvenirs, restrooms, and snacks. If you really love the snorkeling, you could skip the island bus tour. We found a nice balance between the bus tour (~1.5 hours) & snorkeling (~1.5-2 hours). The bus tour drops you off at the pavillion for the BBQ before you get back on the boat for the return sail. I would highly recommend this tour. Our entire family had a great time.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Crew, Captain Kevin, Trevis, Nate und Jake did a Perfect Job. Snorkeling in the Twin Bay, good Food, a Bit of entertainmant And Sailing home. Nice ship, everything in good condition. Kids were fine, Patents too.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Our family booked the Molokini snorkeling trip. We were greeted with hot coffee/tea, pineapple juice and fresh fruit (loved the papaya and orange slices). As soon as the boat left the harbor we had warm and delicious cinnamon rolls. The ride over to Molokini took about an hour. The water was rather calm that day and the visibility was stunning. We saw different schools of fish and snorkeled for over an hour. Chips and salsa waited for us on the boat. The boat then sailed around Molokini to a second snorkeling site on the shore of Maui. This site is known for its turtles. The water there was not as clear as at Molokini but still had very good visibility. I actually think it was the better snorkeling spot than Molokini. There is a large coral reef with lava tubes and caves underneath, the perfect spot for turtles to relax and hide. They come up every so often to get air. It took a while until I saw my first one. It was amazing! Unfortunately, this little kid touched it for fun which made the turtle swim down to safety immediately. So sad! We snorkeled for about 45 minutes at that spot. I would have preferred more snorkeling time there than at Molokini since it was a lot more interesting. After the snorkeling excursions the boat started its way back toward Ma'alaea Harbor. We had a very tasty lunch of green salad, fried rice with excellent seasoning, BBQ chicken, and a Hawaiian roll. We later had ice cream for dessert. When the wind picked up, the crew set both sails and we sailed back. It was very peaceful and enjoyable.
The crew was outstanding, friendly, funny, and made sure everybody was safe. You can rent an underwater camera from them for $40. At the end of your trip they hand you a CD with the pictures you took. The quality of the pictures is excellent, aside from the fish and turtle pictures there were also some really cool pictures of our family under water, with the reflection of us above us on the surface of the water. It looks surreal and shows how clear the water at Molokini can be.
If I return to Maui I will definitely take another trip with Trilogy.