“Would definately recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trilogy Excursions

Trilogy Excursions
Ranked #1 of 130 Tours in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Sea Activity on Maui! Snorkeling, Sailing, Whale watches, Dinner Sails, Private charters, and most notably their "Discover Lana'i" excursion. Trilogy Excursions is a family-owned and operated sailing company established in 1973 by the Coon Family! They operate on both Maui and Lana'i and lead the industry in environmental stewardship, setting safety standards, and Hawaiian hospitality. They are committed to sustainable tourism and undergo an extensive certification process every two years to remain a certified eco-tour operator. They depart out of Ma'alaea Harbor, Lahaina Harbor, Ka'anapali Beach, and Manele Harbor (Lana'i).
Phoenix, AZ
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Would definately recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The recent review, "Oh What Fun" really says everything I would post about the day trip to Lanai. It was a great, fun day. Great to get out on the water with the whales. Crew was friendly and food was great. It is expensive, but as the book, "MAUI REVEALED" said, it was worth the extra money! It's an all day affair, leaving at 10:00 am from Lahaina Harbor and returning around 5:00. The snorkeling on Lanai was FANTASTIC! Spinner dolphins were visiting the cove while we were there! Coral was really pretty and we saw a very large school of fish.

We also did the Trilogy cocktail cruise which took off in front of the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It was very relaxing. According to reviews I'd read, the appetizers offered were better than other cocktail cruises. And the food was good...ahi, chicken, tortilla roll ups. Just don't get on hungry, as we basically got one sample of each. I'm sure they do a great job with their dinner cruise if you're looking for something substantial. Again, crew was nice. And, of course, whale watching becomes part of any water excursion during February.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
new york
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Best sailing company in Maui.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am a research girl, so I knew we wanted to sail with Trilogy before we ever set foot on Maui. After 2 whale watch trips and a trip to Lanai, I know why they are rated so well. They figure out what great is...then try to do more. Big smiles, lots of information (in real people terms) and beautiful boats. What more do you want?

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome trip!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you get a chance this excurtsion was great. Fun and great food. Captain Jill and her crew were very helpful and friendly. #6 boat. We saw whales and spinning douphins. check out the web site if you can.

Visited March 2013
Chatham, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Totally Worth It!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a 5-6 hour excursion which involves sailing, snorkeling, snuba-ing (if you want to - $59 extra TOTALLY WORTH IT!), whale watching (they get really close!), and turtle viewing in their habitat while snorkeling!!! They feed you breakfast and lunch on the sailboat! Various types of beverages available all day and even M/F bathrooms, sunscreen, and motion sickness medicine if needed! The most fun I have had in a long time and the crew - Amy, Josh, Captain Jeff, Captain Martin, and Marco were OUTSTANDING, Friendly, and the MOST Professional outfit I have ever experienced. Marco is extremely well educated, well traveled, experienced and knowledgeable about the ocean, sailing, whales, turtles, scuba, snorkel, and snuba (among other things) - I felt very comfortable snuba-ing even though it has been over 10 years since I have gone scuba diving. He made sure all equipment was up to safety levels, instructed us well prior to getting into the water, ensured that our equipment was on correctly and working properly, and was very positive and professional in his attitude toward every passenger. Capt Jeff invited anyone to sit with him at the helm? (steering wheel) and spoke with everyone. All the crew had the only 42 passengers (Max 45) safety, entertainment, and hunger in mind! I would recommend this trip without hesitation and I will do it again when I return to Maui. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Settema
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whale Watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have usually went out with Pacific Whale watch but decided to try someone different this year. My brother and his wife flew down for the last week to join us in Maui so booked a trip with Trilogy on their catamaran. After a small delay because of a tour boat in the harbor we got underway 15 minutes late. We headed out towards Lenai and run into whales almost imediately. The captain made sure we sat still and were able to watch the action until the whales moved on. For the whole 2 hours we enjoyed seeing whales eveywhere. The crew made sure they answered all our questions and kept us amused and interested. It was the best whale watch we had been on (our 4th) and my brother and his wife were blown away. Will highly recommend Trilogy to anyone who wants a enjoyable sail and see lots of whales. The boat is very stable yet small enough that eveyone had an unobstructed view. We will be using them again and thanks to all the crew for a great experience