“The most beautiful experience in Maui !”

Scotch Mist Sailing Charters
Lahaina
“The most beautiful experience in Maui !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was a fantastic 2-hour REAL sailing experience from Lahaina Harbor aboard a world-class 50-foot racing/cruising monohull. Gene and his great crew serve beer, wine and soft drinks as well as snacks as you glide along under tropical skies powered by the Hawaiian trade winds. For $49, THIS IS THE BEST DEAL IN MAUI ! The sunset from out in the water was spectacular, with only the sounds of the wind in the sails and the water rushing by under the boat. A must for singles, couples and families.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“memorable Maui birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We sailed on my birthday, Sunday 15th August,.
I'd wanted to do something a bit different, and luckily this proved to be it!
We'd been to Maui 15 years ago and went on a sunset cruise which was corny to say the least. This was nothing like that AT ALL!
At first, I was nervous as I soon realised we were on a proper sailing vessel, none of this tourist boat stuff! I thought "Yikes, I don't think I'm gonna like this"! But I was soon put at ease by the Captain (Gene's) safety briefing and his confident 2 man crew, Tony and Dennis. There was one other couple on board from texas who were really great company.
the trip felt like we were out on a friend's boat rather than a "tour". It was just so special; the sunset and views of the lush coastline were breathtaking.
As a veteran world traveller, I cannot recommend this trip more highly and I am someone who hates "organized trips" . Dennis and tony recommended a restaurant for my birthday which was perfect as I'd told them we wanted to go somewhere nice but not too posh! It was Lahaina Coolers on Dickenson St which was just great to sit outside (but not on the ocean front). The evening was really perfect. Thanks guys.

Washington state
“what a way to spend an evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

I took my girlfriend on the Scotch mist for a sunset cruise. We had a fantastic time. Captain and crew were friendly and pointed out points of interest. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening.

Nixa, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

It was our anniversary and a beautiful moon and sunset. Gene, Tony and the other crew members made it an evening to remember. Could not have asked for a better time. Beer, champagne and chocolates! (Plus Tony's fruit) What more could you ask for. The small size made it intimate and friendly. Would recommend this cruise to all! Thanks!

Northeast Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Best Sailing on Maui * * * *”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is THE SAILING CRUISE to take when you visit Maui ! The 'Sunset Champaign Cruise' is a genuine sailing experience with an attentive, knowledgeable crew that wants you to enjoy the waters and sights off the Lahaina coast. They limit the number of guests (there were only 12 when we sailed on 8/4), and by the end of the cruise you feel like part of a family. Free flowing drinks that you're not forced to accept. You can make this your own private experience, or join the crowd at the back of the boat and be entertained by stories of the crews' experiences and corny pirate jokes. This is not a tourist trap catamaran ride where you stand shoulder to shoulder with lots of people and loud music. While on the way back to harbor, after a beautiful sunset, the captain extended the cruise and changed course to sail alongside a school of dolphins who were setting the course along the bow of the boat.
The Captain gives a lot of credit to his two man crew. Don't be fooled - it's the Captain who rules this ship and relishes in the delight of his guests. The Captain is an experienced sailor, a man who is thoroughly enjoying his life and who, I believe, truly wants his guests to feel at ease and to enjoy a wonderful Maui experience. After giving the mandatory safety warnings, the Captain sits back, quietly watches his guests, and then, I believe, he designs the sailing to what he thinks his guests are on board for. He'll catch the wind with the spinnaker to give everyone a thrill, and then find gentle breezes to ensure a quiet relaxing cruise that all on board enjoy while watching the sun set between the islands of Lanai and Molokai. You almost get the feeling that the Captain enjoys the cruise as much as his guests.