“Highly Highly Highly Recommended”

Scotch Mist Sailing Charters
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highly Highly Highly Recommended”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We took the sunset champaign sailing trip on 9/8. There were 6 of us plus the crew of Gene, Tony, and Jessica. It was just as described by the other reviewers - an exciting sailing ride, a gorgeous sunset, fun and informative company, and a wonderful way to end our Maui vacation.

One note: though the trip was supposed to start at 4:30 we probably didn't set sail until a little after 5pm and so we returned later than expected. Not a big deal, since everything is supposed to be more "laid back" in the islands, but we were flying out that night so it made a bit of a difference. Just an FYI. We took the extra time beforehand to walk the streets of Lahaina which was a lot of fun.

Overall, it was one of my best experiences ever in Maui, and this is my 3rd trip and we've done a lot!!! Enjoy!

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The sunset champagne sailing trip on the Scottish Mist II was a wonderful experience.”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

On 8/7/09 my wife and I went on the 2 hour sunset champagne cruise on the Scottish Mist II with Captain Gene and mate Tony. While waiting to board we were asked by someone in a long line of people if there was still room available for them to walk away from their pre-paid dinner cruise with 50-60 other people and join our 8 person small group - not possible on such sort notice. This says it all, a fun, relaxing and enjoyable expereince with plenty of champagne, chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a friendly crew, not to mention a spectualar sunset on the water and wonderful sailing up and down the coast. The highlight of our trip to Maui.

2 Thank Tucker55
Central IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of trip”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My wife and I went on the sunset cruise during our stay in Maui. The cruise was excellent and the crew was accomodating. Tonyy and Debbie made sure that everyone on board was having a good time and that no one was empty handed. This was my wife's first time on a sail boat and she enjoyed it just as much. If your looking for a relaxing evening on the water this is an excellent option.

nebraska
“Awesome sunset sail trip!”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband and I were in Maui celebrating our 25th anniversary. It was our last night in Maui and we decided to take the sunset cruise. It was awesome. Gene and Tonyy were great!! It was a group of 18 and you were able to talk to everyone and visit. Sailing was so great! We would highly recommend this sunset cruise to everyone. Tonyy was very entertaining.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We boarded the beautiful 'Scotch Mist' in the early evening. This was our first sailing experience and we weren't disappointed! As we tacked and jibed across the water, we really felt the power of the wind in the sails! We watched the sun set and drank champagne! It was an awesome experience and our crew was great! My only constructive criticism would be that I'd hoped we could have sailed to a destination, rather than just backwards and forwards across the bay.