“This is how class warfare starts”

Expeditions Lahaina/Lanai Passenger Ferry
Illinois City, Illinois
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“This is how class warfare starts”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

They told us that the return ferry was at 4, only that's not true. It's actually at 4:30. No need at all to get there early. What made it worse though was that we sold the kids on getting the best outdoor seats in exchange for cutting our day short. That made things pretty ugly when the hotel guests showed up in a van at 4:25, were allowed to board first, and were allowed to save the good seats for elbow room. Now the kids are justifiably angry because the rich people didn't have to follow the rules and we did.

6 Thank 55steve55

Calgary, AB
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Sit up top!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Make sure you try to get a seat up top in the open air. There's something about being down below and not being able to see in front of you that kind of makes your queasy (not to mention the up and down of the waves). They say it takes 45 minutes, but both our trips were 1 hour.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank CanadianCalgary_AB
Boston, MA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best way to see Lanai! 4x4Trecker Tour”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went on my second tour of Lanai with Bruce Harvey in August 2012. My wife and I and another couple went on the first tour in 2007. This year when we returned to Hawaii I went back to Lanai with my daughter and was lucky enough to get Bruce as our guide again. I agree with the other positive reviews. Bruce is terrific! He knows everything about the island and the Suburban gets you to the back country in style. Bruce will make unscheduled stop for pictures ( within reason) and the group is always small because the Suburban doesn't hold many people. I thought the package with ferry ticket and half day tour was well worth it.
Make sure you sit on the lower deck near the middle of the ferry on the return trip. It can be a rough ride on top. Ginger ale or motion sickness helps.
Ask for Bruce as your guide when you call.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank dkjs449
Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice steady views along the way”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice clean ferry that has some nice views along the way. I would recommend taking the first ferry over in the morning and the last one back for day trips to Lanai. You will need this much time to be able to spend enough time seeing everything on the island.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Wanderluster4
Fairfax, Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Got me to lanai with no problems”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What do you say about a ferry. They were efficient, left on time,got us to the other side on schedule. Once on Lanai, there is a van that takes you to Lanai City about a 20 minute ride. The van is $10/per person. Rented a jeep, drove to the Garden of the Gods, the ship wreck and a beach near the ferry. The beach was nice. There are a couple of 4 star resorts, a few stores In Lanai City, and that's about it. Now I can say I went to Lanai, and know that there is not much there if you are not at one of the resorts. However I am rating the ferry and it was as good as you can expect.

Visited September 2012