“Lahiana Coolers - best meal of our trip!”
Review of Lahaina Coolers

Lahaina Coolers
Ranked #69 of 267 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wainee
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Sunday night in Maui at the Hyatt needing a restaurant in Lahaina to seat 2 families with 7 people: 4 adults, 2 teens and one preteen. Per request it couldn't be a seafood restaurant or Chinese food and they need to have a grilled cheese sandwich. Easy? Not!! These guys had it all: bacon wrapped meatloaf, shrimp, grilled cheese (not on menu) and other delicious food. Come check it out - historic building and fun, clever servers to make the event a hit for everyone.

There are newer reviews for Lahaina Coolers

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant with the typical calm ambience of Maui! Food was pretty good, with some culinary talent and original ideas at work.

Little over priced for the environment but worth getting away from the resorts!

The fish of the day was Mahi (surprise:), very fresh and enjoyable!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came here for dinner one night with another couple. I really enjoyed that it was a little off the main 'strip' of Lahaina. It wasn't busy at all and we got great seats outside under the canopy and lights.
The wait staff was excellent. Very helpful, friendly and attentive yet relaxed.
For an appetizer, I had the Crab Wontons served with cilantro honey and sweet thai chile.
Wow! that was one of the best items I ate on the whole trip and we ate at a lot of very fine places!

I had the herb marinated catch with roasted red pepper risotto with a balsamic reduction.
Very good. The risotto was so good I'll be making an attempt to duplicate that. The balsamic reduction was good but my only complaint is that was used too sparingly. When the flavor came through, it was nice but often I couldn't taste it because there was just so little of it drizzled over the fish. If Tripadvisor allowed it, I'd give a 4.5 but being kind I'll round up to 5.

Very relaxed atmosphere, good food and service. A winner.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved this "off the main road" outdoor restaurant. We had to wait a long time for our dinner- 3 burgers and a salad, but it was worth the wait. The Burgers were HUGE and scrumptious. I had a Greek salad and it too delicious. To our horror there was no room for dessert!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lahaina Coolers is the perfect eatery for the cool little town of Lahaina. Open-air seating with fabulous food. Our only disappointment was that our vacation ended and we couldn't eat here again!