“Great place in Lahaina”

Cross street: Wainee
Maryland
“Great place in Lahaina”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

On our first night in Maui we went here on a recommendation, as we were told it had a locals feel to it. We ate outside on a nice evening. Wasn't very crowded at 8:30pm on a weeknight. The food was very good, we had fish tacos and fish and chips off their bar menu. The waiter was kind of slow considering there were only four tables with people but "island time" was just what we needed and it put is in the right frame of mind for the rest of our stay. We enjoyed the patio as it started to pick up in the bar/inside. I think Lahaina Coolers is a great place to eat just a block or tow off the main drag of Front St.

• Visited June 2012

Washington, Pennsylvania
“Great late night place”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

09/2011 - When we arrived at the Sheraton, around 11PM, we were very disappointed that everything at the hotel was closed! We were starving and wide awake, excited to start our vacation. We asked the valet attendant for a recommendation for good local cuisine and some night life. He told us that on Maui the "night life" closed up pretty early but there was a place to get good food, Coolers! After unloading in our room, off we went and it was the perfect place for our first evening on Maui. Open air, clean, very friendly, with locals enjoying their beverages and watching sports, kinda quiet in a respectful way, not roudy for the time of night. The food was better than good, service was friendly and attentive, we were loving life, relaxed with our drinks and the wonderful island breeze. On our last day in Maui we decided to go back to Coolers for breakfast. Man were we sorry we hadn't gone there for breakfast before that, de-lish! The best part is we fell in love with the hot sauce! LOL! Turns out we could buy a bottle! Doesn't get any better than that. Almost lost it at the airport when I forgot it was in my purse and the TSA said no to taking it on board. The TSA suggested we go back down and have the bottle of sauce put in our luggage. The sauce made it home, more fond memories of a great vacation. I just ordered 5 more bottles of "the sauce"! Go to Coolers to relax, eat, drink and make your own memories. Aloha!

• Visited September 2011
Northern California
“Not Just For Locals”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not my first trip to Maui, but my first stop in at Lahaina Coolers. Had breakfast on Sunday with a group of 7. Everyone ordered something different, yet we all agreed that it was FANTASTIC. Not a complaint among the group. All at a fraction of what the resorts charge.

I personally had the Corned Beef Hash & Eggs - absolutely wonderful. Not some cheap canned corned beef - Not greasy, good portion size, lot's of meat, loads of flavor - I would call it homemade, if I could make it that good.

A few days later my wife and I were trying to decide where to have dinner - "Let's go back to Lahaina Coolers" - when we arrived we watched a number of locals go into the bar area, greeted by the bartender and the owner (I think he was the owner). Must be good if the locals stop in.

I ordered the Evil Jungle - Chicken Breast with sauteed onions and bell peppers with a spicy thai peanut sauce topped with peanuts, sesame seeds, and carrots mixed with Linguine.

WOW - just the right mix of heat and flavor. Never overpowered my taste buds, so you could taste the peanut with each bite. Half expected a couple of chunks of chicken and a lot of noodles - Nope - an entire chicken breast sliced up.

My wife ordered a dish and asked for plain rice (no sauce) - after a bite of my Evil Jungle, she started scooping my peanut sauce and putting it on her rice.

After eating here twice, I have found a new "regular" spot each time I return to Maui.

Steve

• Visited July 2012
Michigan
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast on the way to Maui Ocean Center. All our meals were wonderful. The pancakes were hot and fluffy. The bagel sandwich and soft scramble were tasty. The best was the stir fry. Service was outstanding. Ended up, upon our return in the evening, having dinner here as well. The dinner was good but breakfast was better. Would go back again for breakfast for sure.

Edmonds, Washington
“Average Breakfast”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Went for breakfast. The positives were: fabulous Mac nut pancakes & syrups, and the Portuguese sausage, and the atmosphere. The 'not-so-hot': service & portions.
Overall: average.