“Very Expensive for What You Get”
Review of Miso Phat

Miso Phat
Ranked #32 of 300 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This small shop had average to good sushi but is very expensive ($15 to $20 for a roll!). Cramped seating. Staff was nice, it is just way to expensive for what one gets!

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (805)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

They have good fresh sushi a nice selection all the fish is so fresh and tasty we eat her everytime we visit Maui the service is great the only thing is there is very limited seating but worth it . If u like fresh and really good sushi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came here a few years ago and it was one of the best sushi places I've been to. Came again. It was good but not great. Portion sizes dropped in half and many of the inventive sushi rolls have left the menu. Seems like maybe it has changed owners. We were there mid day. It's a small place - a small sushi bar with a few tables. There was one other table filled, everything else was empty. The waiter tried to talk us into sitting at the sushi bar "because it's going to get so crowded". Since there were two of us, I guess he didn't want two people sitting at a table that could handle 4 people. We didn't want to sit at the sushi bar, we wanted a table, period. We got our way. We had an average meal with high prices and average portions. And when we left.... the place was 75% empty. Where were the large crowds? The last time we were here, there was a line out the door. If I'm in the area, I may go back but it's not worth going out of my way any more. They did keep the BYOB which I appreciate.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had eaten here previously and felt it was acceptable, a few years ago. This time we ordered takeout, 3 rolls. The Tempura roll had tempura that wasn't freshly prepared in it. The Spicy Salmon skin roll was OK and the unagi roll was fine, nothing special; the prices seemed high for the quality. We come from the San Francisco Bay area where we get excellent, fresh sushi frequently (even served at our wedding), so expected this to continue to be high quality, but not to be. We gave this a rating of poor, because the quality was average but the price was not worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I tried all top ten sushi spots recommended by trip advisor and I’m not sure how this made the list. Walked in to a horrible fish smell and that should have been a red flag. Had the miso phat roll and it was dry, bland, warm and completely fell apart. Choked it down since I paid $22 for it but will not be back.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Miso Phat? Share your experiences!