For 18 days in December we called Polynesian Shores home. We requested a condo near the ocean to listen to the surf and to avoid the road noise. Our unit was ground level which we like. It allows easy access from the lanai to the pool, BBQ's, grounds, and shore. There was some foot traffic in the front of our unit, kids playing, or folks heading to the shore. But it didn't really bother us. This unit faces south and gets incredibly hot in the afternoon. If we were around in the afternoon we would explore the shoreline, or watch the turtles bask in the sun and swim in the surf. We'd watch whales, dolfins and flying fish. We packed binoculars and they really made a difference. Sometimes we'd sit on a perfectly comfy boulder and just watch the sunset. If you like to swim in the ocean you need to walk about 3 minutes to the neighboring condo as there isn't any access into the water from Polynesian Shores. Bring, rent or buy snorkel gear and you can swim with the turtles in person! If you like to cook this condo is well stocked, if not there are several eateries around. We listened to the surf at night and the birds in the morning. We were surprised how thin the walls are, we could here the neighbors children crying, the garburator running, the folks above moving furniture. Polynesian Shores is older and our unit was clean and free of ants and roaches. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 1, 2, & 3-bdrm condos on 2 acres of tropically landscaped grounds. Spectacular location with fabulous sunsets. Comfortably furnished condos have ocean views & private lanais. Scenic oceanfront bbq deck for dining & relaxing. Ideally located between Kaanapali & Kapalua. Experience the relaxed feel of old Hawaii while still being close to restaurants, shopping, & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Polynesian Shores Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Shores Hotel Lahaina
- Polynesian Shores Condominiums Maui/Lahaina